The UK's demand for care workers has steadily risen as our population ages. But becoming a care worker is more...
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Jumpstart your career as a teaching assistant with the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification. Gain essential skills to support teachers and students, and be recognised as a qualified teaching assistant.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Flexible ways to pay
About This Course
Embark on your journey as a teaching assistant with the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification. This comprehensive program is meticulously crafted to give you with the essential skills and knowledge required to assist teachers in the classroom and empower students to reach their full potential.
Upon completion of this course, you will be equipped with all the necessary expertise to offer exceptional support to students across primary, secondary, or SEN schools. Your proficiency will encompass a profound understanding of child development from birth to 19 years of age, adeptness in ensuring their safety and well-being, effective techniques to foster positive relationships and seamless communication, as well as valuable insights into supporting their learning activities. The program ensures you are well-prepared to make a significant impact in the lives of the students you assist.
Buy this course as a bundle and save 30%
NCFE CACHE Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Total cost if courses bought separately: £765
or £47.70 per monthLearn More
- The NCFE CACHE Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning will provide you with the foundational skills and knowledge to start your career as a teaching assistant.
- With our programme, you can achieve a nationally recognised NCFE CACHE teaching assistant qualification, from the comfort of your home, at your own pace.
- Gain valuable work experience you need to achieve your first role.
- Become an NCFE CACHE Alumni member for two years.
Qualification Number: 603/2476/4
Unit 1: Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations (H/616/5424, unit level: 2; GLH: 21 Hours; Credits: 2)
- Identify the various types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges put their aims and values into action
- An understanding of the scope and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
Unit 2: Understand Children and Young People’s Development (K/616/5425, unit level: 2; GLH: 20 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Learn the significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Know the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
Unit 3: Safeguarding Children and Young People (F/616/5429, unit level: 2; GLH: 20 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Learn about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured including emergency procedures
- Know about child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 4: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in a Learning Environment for Children and Young people (K/616/5442, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Learn how to contribute to including children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
Unit 5: Maintain Relationships with Children and Young People (M/616/5443, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know how to effectively communicate with children and young people
- Understand the importance of positive relationships with children and young people
- Learn how to build and maintain professional relationships with children and young people
Unit 6: Support the Health and Safety of Children and Young People (M/616/5457, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know the health and safety legislations in a learning environment
- Be able to contribute to health and safety in a learning environment
Unit 7: Support Positive Behaviour in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People (M/616/5460, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Understand the policies and procedures for promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour in a learning environment
- Support positive behaviour from children and young people
- Know how to respond appropriately to inappropriate behaviour
Unit 8: Contribute to Teamwork in a Learning Environment (A/616/5462, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Understand the importance of teamwork in a learning environment
- Know how to positively contribute to teamwork
- Be able to support work within a team
Unit 9: Understand Children and Young People’s Play and Leisure (J/616/5464, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 20 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know the importance of play and leisure
- Understand the role you play in relation to leisure and extra curricular activities
Unit 10: Promote an Effective Learning Environment (R/616/5466, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Be able to support the teacher in the classroom and learning activities
- Know how to support children and young people with learning activities
- Learn how to monitor the participation and progress of children and young people
- Know how to support the evaluation of learning activities.
Unit 11: Provide Displays in a Learning Environment (D/616/5468, Unit Level: 2; GLH: 15 Hours; Credits: 2)
- Be able to plan displays for a classroom or learning environment
- Know how to display information
All units are evaluated internally. Assessment allows the learner’s workplace practice to serve as evidence for both individual units and the entire qualification. This course requires an evaluation of your practical skills in your workplace. It is critical that you find a placement with a suitably qualified teacher and workplace assessor who can observe you, comment on your skills, and produce a report to fulfil the assessment criteria. This observation will be used to support your qualification. Assessment methods might include:
- Direct practice observation
- Witness testimony
- Professional discussion
- Self-reflection on actual work scenarios
- Assignments in writing
This particular course is a component of a nested suite and is accessible to individuals aged 16 and above, without any previous qualifications. However, to enrol in the course, it is necessary that you’re employed or engaged in voluntary work at a school or college from key stage one. This is because the course mandates completion of a work placement and submission of evidence and observations as part of the assessment.
Once you successfully complete the course, you will obtain a certification in Supporting Teaching and Learning at NCFE CACHE Level 2. You will receive a certificate as recognition of your achievement.
NCFE is an educational charity as well as a leading provider of vocational and technical courses. With over 170 years of experience in providing an exceptional educational experience, NCFE collaborates with industry experts to develop smarter solutions to the most pressing learning needs. They are one of the largest technical and vocational awarding bodies in the United Kingdom, with thousands of people receiving qualifications each year. CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health, and Education) joined NCFE in 2015.
After enrolling in your NCFE CACHE course, you will have two years of access to the NCFE CACHE Alumni membership. NCFE CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those working in the care, health, and education industries, offering valuable resources and advice for those studying for/with an NCFE CACHE qualification.
We take pride in helping our students at all stages of their development, so whilst this course may be designed for home study, you can enrol rest assured that you’ll be fully supported. You’ll receive 12 months of tutor support, who will always be on hand to lend you their advice, guidance and instruction. On top of this, they will lend their expertise to your written assignments, providing you with valuable feedback and tips.
Similarly, our student support team are only a click away, meaning you never have to feel alone in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 12 months to complete your course, however you can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase
You may also like
over 10 months and £41.50 deposit
over 10 months and £57 deposit
over 10 months and £40.00 deposit
over 10 months and £41.50 deposit