Terms & conditions
Our most recent terms and conditions are always available on the Association of Learning website, please visit regularly for updates regarding our most recent terms.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the terms outlined before placing an order with Association of Learning. By placing an order online or by any other means (telephone or proforma) you have understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- 2.1We agree to provide full costings of your course at point of purchase, this does not include the cost of extending or any additional services you may request.
- 2.2The price of the course is payable prior to delivery of materials or access to our online portal/reseller access portal.
- 2.3Prices does not include any external exam fees, which may apply to certain courses, such as A Levels and GCSE
- 2.4Learners paying for their course using our finance option must pay in full before certification is provided.
- 2.5In the event that you miss a monthly payment, the card you have used to pay for your course deposit will be recharged with an administration fee of £12 applied for each missed payment. If this is not successful, your direct debit will be re-charged, further failures will result in your details being passed to a debt collection agency.
- 2.6Course material and access will not be provided prior to a direct debit being setup if payment via monthly instalments.
- 2.7Customers who cancel their direct debit will automatically have their support blocked and their course suspended, until payment of outstanding costs have been made.
- 2.8Customers who fail to pay on more than three non-consecutive payments will be requested to pay the full course charges within a 30-day period with administration fees of £20.
- 2.9Customers will not be provided with any extension on their course to cover any suspension time due to payment issues.
- 2.10Price match guarantee is provided on courses with the same structure and certification on completion. Courses must be paid in full when price matching, this option is not available for monthly payments.
- 2.11Double payments may occur if Association of Learning have failed to collect the instalment due from a previous month.
- 2.12Any correspondence which relates to late payments will be charged at £12 per email, letter or telephone call.
- 2.13Late payments will be charged an annual fee of 8% + base rate Bank of England Interest. Payments are due on the agreed payment date, with the interest being effective from the day of the failed/missed payment.
- 2.14If after a period of three months there have been no payments made on account for amounts due, interest rates will be compiled and a debt recovery process will commence. The additional cost of the debt recovery would be £40. Example, if £100 has been owed over a 12 month period the interest charged would be £8.50 + an additional £40 debt recovery fee. Total debt recovery amount would be £148.50.
- 2.15Cancellation of a direct debit without prior consent will trigger a charge of the amount owed for the next payment due, which will be taken within 48 hours. An additional £12 charge will be applicable for each missed payment, or payment taken by other means than direct debit unless otherwise agreed.
3. Course Supplier
- 3.1Association of Learning work in partnership with other home learning providers
- 3.2Courses purchased via Association of Learning may be supplied by another alternative supplier and may not be directly provided by Association of Learning
- 3.3If a price different persists between Association of Learning and your course supplier, the difference will not be refunded or reduced if Association of Learning prices are higher
- 3.4Unless explicitly stated during your order period that you do not wish to have your parcel left without a neighbour, your parcel may be left in a safe place or with your neighbour who may sign on your behalf.
- 3.4Association of Learning will provide support as a third-party reseller if a customer is having problems with one of our suppliers
- 3.5You may not request cancellation via a reseller/supplier.
- 4.1At our sole discretion, Association of Learning may extend your support period, which may incur additional fees
- 4.2Coursework submitted will be held on file indefinitely, however Association of Learning reserve the right to destroy the material after the required period outlined by the awarding body to retain a copy has passed
- 4.3Association of Learning work with a number of Awarding Organisations and reserve the right to provide certification through an alternative provider other than those advertised should the need arise due to operational requirements or circumstances outside of our direct control
- 4.4Tutors are provided with 5 working days to mark work, although during holiday periods this may extend past that period. Please contact our support team directly if feedback has not been provided within the 5-day working period
- 4.5Feedback will be provided electronically; your work will be copied and the original destroyed
- 4.6Association of Learning and our suppliers reserve the right to cross-charge customers if work is received via the post without adequate postage costs. We also reserve the right to decline postage which does not have sufficient postage paid and affixed by the customer.
- 4.7Customers who wish to place their course on hold in extenuating circumstances will need to contact our support team. Management will review, however there is no guarantee that your request will be approved. Customers accept that if a certification or qualification expires or changes during the period of their course due to the course being on hold or following the course being resumed, it will be their sole responsibility. Support accepted to be placed on hold cannot pass a period of three months, the option to hold if granted will only be provided once.
5. Limitation of Liability
- 5.1Association of Learning warrant that the materials provided are of a satisfactory quality, however we do not warrant that the materials are error free. If errors are found, please contact our support team
- 5.2Other than in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we shall not be liable for: (a) losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when this Agreement was made; (b) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; or (c) business losses and/or losses to non-consumers
- 5.3On completion of all assignments your work will be moderated internally. If amendments are required, your certification will not be applied for. We reserve the right to withdraw students from a course for plagiarism without warning. Awarding bodies also reserve the right to moderate your work at any point.
- 5.4Association of Learning are not responsible for your future based on the outcome of your course, completion of a course provides no guarantees of work or progression.
6. Cancellation & Refunds
- 6.1You have the right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 within 14 days of purchase. Please contact email@example.com to request cancellation, terms 6.2 – 6.7 apply
- 6.2Any student pack materials must be returned within 14 days of requesting a cancellation, with no markings or amendments made to the pack.
- 6.3Any online learners will not receive a refund or be able to cancel their course if the learning management portal has been accessed
- 6.4Original course deposits will be retained on all purchases, if the original deposit exceeds this amount that amount will be retained. This fee is retained as the service provided in part has been customised to you as the consumer (enrolment, tutoring setup and logins)
- 6.5The customer must pay for return of the goods
- 6.6Students who submit assignments for marking during the 14 day cooling off period will waive their right for cancellation within the 14 day cooling off period, due to the bespoke service offered in providing feedback on an individual basis, as per the distance selling regulations.
- 6.7Cancellation will not apply to computer software or online courseware.
7. Additional Terms
- 7.1Association of Learning reserve the right to relax or extend gestures of goodwill, this shall not affect our rights under these Terms and Conditions
- 7.2If any sections of these Terms and Conditions are held to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall continue to be in force
- 7.3Change of address must be provided immediately
8. Data Protection
- 8.1You have the right to be forgotten, however there are materials which need to be retained to keep your course registration valid due to the requirements of awarding bodies and Ofqual.
- 8.2If you do wish to have data removed from our systems relating to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- 8.3Association of Learning will not pass on your details to third party marketing companies
- 8.4You have the legal right to stop Association of Learning from contacting you, please contact our team to exercise this right.
9. Complaints Procedure
If you do wish to make a complaint, please contact the student support team, who will provide an initial response within 24 hours (Monday – Friday).
- 1Your complaint will be assessed by our student support team for validity
- 2You will be informed within 5 working days of the outcome or actions to be taken
- 3You will be recompensed if appropriate if the complaint is justified
- 4Association of Learning decision is final, you may however escalate to senior management during the complaints process. Contact the support team to request escalation.
Competitions and Offers
Free Cinema Ticket Offer
- 1The full balance of the course must be paid before tickets can be claimed, additionally the course must be complete.
- 2The offer becomes null and void if payments are missed at any point during the payment plan.
- 3Tickets can be claimed by emailing email@example.com.