About This Course
Delving into the world of forensic science can be both a rewarding and fascinating experience. By being able to understand the scientific, psychological, criminological and social aspects of a crime, you can make your mark in this field and make a real difference to criminal investigations.
In fact, our Forensic Science Level 3 endorsed course can introduce you to a variety of fields and topics within forensic science, as well as help you to achieve a breadth of criminology knowledge that will enable you to interpret and validate scientific findings.
From understanding the role of forensic scientists and how scientific methods and processes are just a fragment of the skills you’ll use during an investigation, to studying killing and psychopathy in the context of forensic investigations; by the end of this 1 year intense course you’ll be more than equipped to take your next step up the educational ladder.
All that is needed is just 80 hours of learning time, and on your own terms, to greatly improve your CV. No classrooms or examinations are required. Instead you can study from the comfort of your own home; at your own pace and gain a sound understanding of victimology and psychological explanation of crime.
And this is great news if you are taking your first steps back into education, as by allowing you to study from home, you can easily fit your studies around your current work commitments.
In 6 units you will delve deep into the world of forensic science, all whilst developing a keen understanding of what is expected should you choose to work in this fast paced field.
From discovering how suspects are interviewed and interrogated, to learning the various different scientific approaches used to analyse a crime scene; by the end of this course you will have achieved a deeper and more thorough knowledge of forensics. At the same time you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your competency of the theoretical knowledge and its application within the real world.
This course will:
- Enable you to learn on your own time, on your own terms and from the comfort of your own home – all course materials will be emailed or mailed straight to your own home.
- Free you from examinations and deadlines.
- Give your career kick start it deserves.
- Allow you to develop your knowledge, comprehension and understanding on all elements of forensic science.
Unit 1: Principles and Applications of Science
- The Electronic Structure of Atoms
- Production and Uses of Substances in Relation to Properties
- Structure and Functions of Cells and Tissues
- Waves in Communication
Unit 2: Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Types of Laboratory Equipment in Forensic Analysis
- Preparation and standardisation of solutions
- Chromatographic Techniques
Unit 3: Science Investigation Skills
- Planning a Scientific Investigation Hypothesis
- Selection of Equipment, Techniques and Procedures
- Collection and Analysis of Data
- Plants and their Environment – Factors that can affect growth
Unit 4: Forensic Investigation Procedures in Practice
- The Role of the Crime Scene Investigation Team
- Health and Safety at a Crime Scene
- Choosing Analytical Techniques for Evidence Analysis
Unit 5: Applications of Criminology
- Principles of Criminology
- Strain Theory
- Public Policy
- Personal Profiling
Unit 6: Criminal Investigation Procedures in Practice
- Policing criminal investigations
- The Involvement of Forensic Investigators
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
Unit 7: Applications of Criminal and Forensic Psychology
- Theories of Criminology
- Crime Prevention Techniques
- Victims of Crime and Victimology
Unit 8: Physiology of Human Body Systems
- The Connection Between Physiology and Forensic Science
- Musculoskeletal, lymphatic, digestive System
- Chemical Composition of the human Body
- Forensic Pathology and post-mortem
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge and interpretation of the course materials supplied. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking (by mail or by email).
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience within forensic science is needed in order to enrol onto this course, meaning you can take your natural interest in this subject and use the skills you’ve acquired to take your first steps into this world.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We may specialise in the provision of distance learning courses; however, at every opportunity we will endeavour to ensure that you always feel supported. From the guidance of our personal tutors who will use their expertise in this field to offer you valuable tips and feedback, to our student support team who will always be on hand to answer your questions; at no point in your studies will you ever be alone.
Accessible via mail and by email, their support is only one click away. So in the event you should need assistance with your assignments or have a question about the course; you can feel confident that they’ll always be ready, willing and able to answer your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).