About This Course
This course empowers you to begin studying counselling from the comfort of your home. You will grow your knowledge of the skills needed to become a competent counsellor and develop a wider knowledge of the counselling field.
Introduction To Counselling Level 2 will teach you about the differences between character and personality and how behaviour is driven by this. You will discover the key counselling methods and the personality compass and study the theory of emotional intelligence and its relevance in counselling
Learn as and when it suits you and complete this course (80 hours approximate) at your own pace submitting coursework to your tutor by post or email when completed. All materials for this course will be delivered to you by post or email.
Unit 1: Introduction to Counselling
- What is counselling?
- Conscious Discipline
- Client confidentiality
- Mental health
- Conscious and Unconscious
Unit 2: Theories of Counselling
- Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Core Counselling
- Person centred approach
- Psycho-analytic approaches to counselling
- Cognitive behavioural approaches to counselling
- Humanistic approaches to counselling
- SMART goals
- Ending a counselling relationship
- Negative & positive thinking
Unit 3: Diversity and Ethics in the use of Counselling
- Ethical frameworks
- Equality and diversity
- Client confidentiality
- Moral philosophy
Unit 4: Counselling Skills and Personal Development
- Values & Beliefs
- Listening & Learning
- Constructive feedback
- Technique of relaxation
- Keeping a journal
- Working under supervision
- Insurance and public liability
Our Introduction To Counselling Level 2 certificate is assessed by a series of written assignments. No external examination is required.
No previous knowledge of counselling is required for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
You will receive all course materials by post or email. Throughout the course you may contact your personal tutor at any time via email and we have a dedicated student support team available to support you through this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.