About This Course
As a counsellor your job is to help your clients to explore their feelings, understand their situations and make positive changes in their lives. Our Advanced Counsellor and Psychotherapist Level 4 course can help you to intensively engage with your clients and develop a deeper understanding of the expectations of your profession.
From supporting the development of your communication and interpersonal skills, to strengthening your ability to survey differing situations; our online course can help you to recognise the varying stages of severity in each case, so you can devise an appropriate course of action.
Theoretical perspective, personal awareness, experiential focusing, cognitive approaches, behavioural methods, assessment strategies, relationship/family/bereavement/addiction counselling… In just 180 hours, our in-depth course can expand your approaches to therapy; their various types and theories, and their applications, so you can achieve a level of confidence that is certain to enrich the experiences of your clients and the life situations they are facing.
Our course will also explore the regulations of this profession and how trainees and qualified counsellors may be affected.
Alongside broadening your skillset as both a counsellor and as a psychotherapist, our online course also aims to supply you with the information to set up your own practice.
From handling the financials to informing you of all the regulations you will need to fulfil; by the end of the course you can use the information you have acquired to take your first steps to becoming your own boss.
Compacted into 6 in-depth units, every element of our course is designed to complement your existing practical work as a counsellor, whilst enhancing your skills to a new level of advancement.
This course will:
- Allow you to explore elements of your job you’ve previously not been involved in.
- Supply you with the theoretical knowledge to develop your current skills and take on greater responsibilities in your role.
- Challenge your understanding of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Support you in your mission to explore client feelings, their situations and the changes they need to make in order to achieve a more positive outcome.
- Improve your communication and interpersonal skills so you can succeed in listening, setting goals and exploring client development.
- Unit 1: Defining Counselling and Psychotherapy – theoretical perspectives; development of counselling and psychotherapy, and their similarities/differences, and counselling and psychotherapy in context.
- Unit 2: Core Values and Skills in Counselling and Psychotherapy – building client-therapist relationships; competency skills; communication; applications of skills, and monitoring generic skills.
- Unit 3: Models and Approaches in Counselling and Psychotherapy – psychodynamic approach; humanist/person-centred approach; personal awareness; experiential focusing; behavioural and cognitive approaches; using behavioural methods; the systems model, and the psychosocial/life stage model.
- Unit 4: Counselling Specialities – cognitive behaviour therapy; assessment strategies and skills in CBT, and relationship, family, bereavement and addiction counselling.
- Unit 5: Psychotherapy Specialities – neuro-linguistic programme; brief therapy; transactional analysis and gestalt therapy.
- Unit 6: Practitioner Strategies – business issues; the therapy contract; the psychotherapist’s responsibilities and client assessment.
Our Advanced Counsellor and Psychotherapist course is assessed based on a series of written assignments that will marked by your personal tutor upon your submission. Over the course of these assignments – which need to be completed within 12 months of your enrolment – you will be tested on your course knowledge, competencies and ability to apply them within a practical setting.
There is no exam to sit. Your certification will be based purely on the outcome of your written assignments.
In addition, you can start this course at a time of your choosing, enabling you to fit it around your current work commitments and responsibilities. Our course is completely flexible allowing you to study at your own pace and on your own terms – all from the comfort of your own home.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course; however some students may find it beneficial to complete the Level 3 Counselling course first before registering.
By the end of this course you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), one of the largest Ofqual regulated UK awarding bodies (your certificate will also list all of the modules completed as part of your course as an appendix).
This course has been endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard. TQUK are a nationally recognised awarding body and boast a comprehensive portfolio of courses on the national Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF – formerly QCF) for all ages and abilities post-14.
Upon registration you will receive immediate access to a course manual, your assessments and a comprehensive study guide. In addition, you’ll receive the continuous support of your very own personal tutor as well as access to our student support team who’ll always be on hand – via mail and email – to answer all your queries and concerns. No matter your question, you can benefit from their instant support for the full 12 month duration of your course (should you choose to study for that long).
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.