About This Course
Our online Psychology qualification course will help you learn the important psychology skills required to become a professional psychologist. If you are interested in understanding how the minds of others work, this is the course for you.
Become a self employed psychologist on completion of this course, as you will be able to gain insurance and open your own business!
FREE Business Start Up Course worth £95 included.
The study of our psychology course from the comfort of your own home, provides you with the skills required to become a competent and successful psychologist. Understand the mind of others, emotions and different types of characteristics and personalities.
In this Psychology course you will:
- Learn about the studies relating to the human mind and how they fit with modern thoughts and medicine
- Understand how memory works and how to improve memory
- Gain an insight into the different types of personalities and how psychology can be used in real world situations
Split into 7 units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of Psychology, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
From understanding the industry to understanding relationships, theoretical approaches, confidentiality, transference, crisis and ego psychology; by the end of this course you’ll feel confident in your ability to work with your clients to improve their situation.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your work.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
- Challenge your perceptions of Psychology, giving you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials.
Unit 1: Science of Psychology
- What is Psychology?
- History of Psychology
- Modern Psychology and Science
- Collecting Psychology Data
Unit 2: Human Development and Learning
- How and why we learn
- Human and social conditioning
- Observational learning and other types
- Cognitive and social development
Unit 3: Relating with Others and Influencers
- Understanding others
- Attraction and Love
- Doing as you are told
Unit 4: Guide to your Brain and Consciousness
- What Neurons are
- Story of the damaged brain
- What is consciousness?
- Dreams and Psychology
Unit 5: Memory, Attention and Thinking
- Categories of attention
- Solving problems and memory
- Where in the brain memories are stored and why
- Retrieval of memories
- False memories
- Improving memory
Unit 6: Personality and Intelligence
- Measuring personality
- Understanding different personalities
- Personality: Nature or Nurture
- How to measure intelligence
- Different types of intelligence
Unit 7: Being a Psychologist
- Understanding yourself first
- Do you conform to commands
- What type of psychologist are you
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills in psychology is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from TQUK and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed). This will be a certificate in Psychology Level 3.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It has been endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and the courses they offer – meet a high standard.
TQUK are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They offer a large and diverse portfolio of Ofqual regulated qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) for all ages and abilities post-14.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience within psychology can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies.
Students are provided with tutor support, inclusive of marking for a period of 12 months from the start of their course.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).