About Our Course
Designed for home study, you can enrol onto our Teaching Assistant Level 2 and Understanding Autism Level 3 courses, and walk away with a level of knowledge that can make a real difference to the learning development of those in your care.
All it takes is just 100 hours of your time. Yet, by the end of this course bundle not only will you understand how Teaching Assistants can support teachers in planning, teaching and evaluating learning activities; you will also know how to: communicate and develop positive working relationships with children; will understand how autism is identified and diagnosed, and will be able to recognise the key disorders which commonly accompany autism.
Best of all – you will be able to learn all of this from the comfort of your own home!
There is no need to attend any classes, or even enter a classroom. Study wherever you like so you can easily mould your studies around your current work commitments and achieve a healthy work-study balance.
We will provide you with the means to study on your own terms. So whether you prefer to learn in the quiet of your bedroom, or whilst munching on a sandwich during your work lunchbreak; you can make our course work for you.
This impressive course bundle can offer you the means to climb the career ladder and specialise in the support of children with autism. By understanding how autism is identified and diagnosed, you can then learn how best to support these individuals and ensure that you promote good health, social inclusion and active participation within the classroom.
You can essentially create a safe and trusting environment in which they can flourish, as you will truly understand their needs and necessity for adaptability.
This course will:
- Broaden your knowledge and understanding of Teaching Assistants, their responsibilities and the various legislations, policies and procedures required for optimum safeguarding.
- Develop your comprehension of autism and its impact on their learning, behaviour and the problems they may encounter (discrimination, bullying and access to services).
- Provide you with the opportunity to apply your newly acquired knowledge within practical scenarios (during your written assignments).
- Allow you to study when, where and how you want, and at a pace of your choosing.
- Supply you with a convenient and stress free way to study – no classrooms, no strict deadlines, no examinations…
- Give you a full two years (one year per course) to complete this course bundle.
Teaching Assistant Level 2:
- Unit 1: The Role of the teaching assistant
- Unit 2: Developing strong communication and relationship skills with children and adults
- Unit 3: Supporting the school and your colleagues
- Unit 4: Legislation and policies to ensure safeguarding and pupil wellbeing
- Unit 5: Supporting the development of children and young people
- Unit 6: Planning and delivering learning activities
Understanding Autism Level 3:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Autism
- Unit 2: Supporting Individuals with Autism with Communication and Social Interaction
- Unit 3: Sensory Processing Difficulties
- Unit 4: Therapeutic Interventions and Safeguarding with Autism
- Unit 5: Supporting Early Years and School Learners with Autism
- Unit 6: Supporting College Level Learners and beyond with Autism
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We may specialise in the provision of home based courses; however that does not mean you have to feel alone or isolated in your studies. From the moment you enrol, you can harness the knowledge and expertise of our personal tutors as they seek to instruct, guide and inform your studies and understanding of the course materials. At the same time, you can readily contact our student support team, who at a click of the button will always be available to answer your queries.
No matter your questions or concerns, you can contact our team and trust that their support will always be on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).