The UK's demand for care workers has steadily risen as our population ages. But becoming a care worker is more...
Educational Psychology Level 3
Flexible study options
Choose a way to pay
About This Course
Ideal for educators passionate about psychology of learning, the Educational Psychology Level 3 online course offers comprehensive insights into the theory and psychological principles of teaching, enhancing learning methods for educators across all age groups.
This course is specifically designed to provide you with the foundational knowledge of how individuals learn, empowering you to enhance your teaching approaches for people of all ages. Whether you’re working with young children or adult learners, this course equips you to be more effective in your educational endeavours.
Split into 6 units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of educational psychology, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your work.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
Unit 1: Measuring educational performance
- What makes children learn at different rates?
- How children’s intelligence is measured
- Explanations for bias in testing
Unit 2: How children learn
- How children process information
- Short and long term memory
- Environmental effects on learning
- Behaviourist, cognitive and humanist approaches
Unit 3: Special educational needs
- An overview of SEND
- Different approaches to working with SEND children
- Difficulties that may be encountered
- Dyslexia and autism
Unit 4: Motivating learners
- Motivational methods
- Psychological, cognitive and humanistic approaches
- Attribution theory
Unit 5: Tackling disruptions
- Disruptive behaviour in the classroom
- The effects of disruptions on learning
- Dealing with disruptions
- Tacking procrastination
Unit 6: Enabling environments
- Classroom layouts
- The effects of various features within the classroom
- How to create better environments for learning
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills in this area are needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience will help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies. With twelve months tutor support, you have the option of completing in as little as three months, or using the full twelve months.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 12 months to complete your course, however you can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
There are no requirements to have completed any courses or have any knowledge of the subject area to enrol on the course. There is no application process and no questions asked when you sign up, it is accessible to anybody.
Your course will start as soon as you sign-up. You could start your journey of learning today!
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase
You may also like
over 10 months and £37.50 deposit
over 10 months and £41.50 deposit
over 10 months and £49.50 deposit
over 10 months and £39.00 deposit