About This Course
What if you could progress your school support career, develop your skills AND improve your earning potential – would you?
Our Teaching Assistant Level 2 course has been developed for those who have a passion for working with children and wish to see them develop and progress to their next level of learning.
The good news is, you do not have to possess any past experience or qualifications to complete this course. You can work at your own pace, in your own time and from anywhere you decide to study.
As a teaching assistant, you would be expected to support teachers with the everyday setup of the classroom so that they are able to teach. Other possible job titles are learning support assistant or classroom assistant.
You will also be able to support children with individual learning needs, working one-to-one or in small groups.
Once experienced you may also to supervise a class if the teacher is absent for a short period (if you wish to be able to provide ongoing support, our Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant course may be more suited).
You will learn how a teaching assistant can support a teacher in planning, stages of planning, school policies, responding to an emergency, behavioural management, developing positive working relationships with children and young people, observation methods used to record learning and development, transitions that children may experience and much more.
With class room sizes increasing, the demand for teaching assistants is also increasing on a yearly basis. Become a teaching assistant today and start your dream career.
Unit 1: The Role of the teaching assistant
- Different levels and types of teaching assistant roles
- Supporting pupils with special educational needs
- Supporting a pupils with English as an additional language
- Professional standards for teaching assistants
- Essential qualities required for the role of teaching assistant
- Beginning a career as a teaching assistant
Unit 2: Developing strong communication and relationship skills with children and adults
- Benefits of positive relationships and communication in the classroom
- Strategies for developing strong relationships and communication in the classroom
- Communication between the teacher and teaching assistant
- Communicating with parents and carers
- Using positive behaviour strategies to strengthen relationships
- Creating a climate of positive behaviour management
Unit 3: Supporting the school and your colleagues
- Supporting whole school values
- Supporting approaches to teaching and learning and behaviour management
- Supporting an enriched curriculum
- Supporting the teacher, special educational needs leader and senior management team
- Supporting parents and carers, family workers and attendance officers
Unit 4: Legislation and policies to ensure safeguarding and pupil wellbeing
- Introduction to safeguarding and well-being
- Key legislations to support safeguarding and well-being in schools
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy
- Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy
- Equality and Inclusion Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Mental Health Policy
- Pupil Premium Policy
Unit 5: Supporting the development of children and young people
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- A whole school approach to embedding the ECM Framework
- Stages of development from birth to adolescence
- Key factors that shape child development
- Supporting children and young people’s healthy development
- Reducing factors that are a risk to mental health
- Promoting mental health
- Teaching social and emotional skills
- Social and emotional development interventions
Unit 6: Planning and delivering learning activities
- Key elements of planning an effective lesson
- Effective teaching and learning strategies
- Planning activities in mathematics and English
- Planning and delivering activities for pupils with a wide range of needs
- Different stages of SEND and support for SEND pupils
- Supporting pupils with English as an additional language
Our Teaching Assistant level 2 certificate course takes on average 100 hours to finish, and is assessed based on a series of written assignments and questions (requiring descriptive answers) that will test your course knowledge on a unit by unit basis. Within these assignments, you will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge to your personal tutor, as well as be able to reflect on your practice when applied within the workplace.
The good news is – you can start our online course at any time – making it ideal for those wishing to combine their studies with their existing job commitments. All we ask is that you complete these units within a year of your registration.
There is no requirement to have any background knowledge of qualifications to complete/enrol on this course and your tutor will provide support from day one! If you do have any additional learning requirements, please let your tutor know as they will then be able to tailor their feedback and support around your requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
You will receive the teaching assistant level 2 assignments and a comprehensive study guide, alongside your very own personal tutor who can provide you with unlimited support via our learner management system.
Our student support team can also handle any other queries you may have whilst completing your course, meaning you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. Instead, our team will always be on hand to help throughout the full 12-month duration of your course (you are able to complete earlier than 12 months).
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.