About This Course
Interested in inspecting the welfare and conditions of pets, farm animals and zoo animals?
Learn about animal welfare charities and small local pet shops, with the chance of a fascinating career in many animal related industries.
This course gives you a full understanding of the animal care sector, covering all elements to be certificated at level 2.
Cover the needs of an animal, create their feeding plans based on different breeds, setup their accommodation, learn how to handle animals in the correct way, administer first aid, identify poor health, recognise abnormal behaviour and the legal aspects of dealing with animals.
Our home learning courses are stress free, allowing 12 months for completion, working around your lifestyle. Enrol today to lock in our special offer pricing.
Unit 1: Maintain Animal Health and Welfare
- The Role of the Vet
- Intensive Farming
- Free Range Farming
- Illness and Disease in Animals
Unit 2: Animal Nutrition and Feeding
- Feeding Types
- Key Parts of the Animal Diet
- Feeding Behaviours
Unit 3: Principles of Animal Biology
- Grouping and Classifying Animals
- The Biology of the Animal Body
Unit 4: Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Why do humans want to learn about animal behaviour?
- What Influences Animal Behaviour
- Common Typical Animal Behaviours
- Safety Guidance for Handling Animals
Unit 5: Animal Breeds and Grooming
- The purpose of grooming
- Tips & Equipment for Grooming
- Grooming for Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, Horses & Livestock
Unit 6: Animal Accommodation
- Aims of Animal Accommodation
- Considerations when providing boarding accommodation
- Disposing of Animal Waste
- Designing and Managing Home Environments
- Housing and Managing Exotic Pets
- Housing and Managing Farm Livestock
Our Animal Care Level 2 course is assessed by your tutor via a series of each to understand written assignments, you will submit them to be marked and have the chance to resubmit as many times as you need. There is no external exam to complete.
No prior knowledge or skills in animal care is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience within animal care can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies.
Students are provided with tutor support, inclusive of marking for a period of 12 months from the start of their course.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.