About This Course
Our A Level Accounting course is the perfect stepping stone for anyone wishing to build a credible career within accountancy, as it allows you to achieve the perfect balance of study and work.
- We will pay for your first attempt at each exam!
Not only has our course been updated to meet the latest academic specifications, but it can be completed in your own time, at your own pace and all from the comfort of your own home, meaning there is no need to sign up to college or reduce your working hours!
From recording financial data, balance sheets and accounting concepts, to accounting standing, ratio analysis and partnership accounts; our online course will guide you through the various elements of accounting and can supply you with a solid foundation upon which to broaden your understanding.
More importantly, with this course you’ll gain up to 56 UCAS points which can be used to land your dream spot at university!
However, you won’t have to contend with any strict deadlines. Instead of being weighed down with stress, assignments and set exam dates; you can pick and choose when to take your exams, meaning you can easily fit your studies around your existing work commitments.
In other words – you can take your exams when YOU are ready.
Our A Level Accounting course is designed to be flexible and adaptable, enabling you to remain in control of your studies and progression throughout its 2 year duration. By eliminating exam dates, you can ensure you are fully prepared to take the exam and do so on your own terms.
In addition, this course will test your knowledge, understanding and comprehension, so even if you choose not to take your studies to university level, you’ll be able to confidently handle your own financials.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Financial Accounting – recording financial data; checking accounting records; balance sheets, and profit & loss.
- Unit 2: Financial and Management Accounting – business entity concept; accounting concepts; preparing primary accounts; limited company accounts; ratio analysis and business performance; ratio introduction to budgeting, and ICT within Accounting.
- Unit 3: Further Aspects of Financial Accounting – sources of finance; incomplete records; partnership accounts; published accounts of Limited companies; accounting standards, and stock valuation.
- Unit 4: Further Aspects of Management Accounting – manufacturing accounts; marginal, absorption and activity based costing; standard cost and variance analysis; capital investment appraisal; budgeting, and social accounting.
To achieve this A Level qualification you will be assessed across all 4 units by taking 4 paper based examinations. Units 1 and 2 are equivalent to AS Levels, and are both written exams lasting 1 hour 30 minutes each. Units 3 and 4 complete the A Level and comprise of 2 written exams lasting 2 hours each.
Please note, the last exams for this course are June.
Reasonable grades in Accounting (or a related subject) at GCSE level are recommended (but not required) before enrolment onto this course.
Similarly, investing in the following text books can further your studies; however they are not essential for the completion of this course.
Business Accounting 1, Wood F., Sangster A. FT Prentice Hall
Business Accounts, David Cox, Osbourne Books
Upon completion of this course you will receive an A Level in Accounting (AS/A2) issued by the AQA. To gain the full A Level, all units and examinations must be completed.
With up to 2 years available to complete this course; upon your enrolment you will receive a comprehensive study guide, course materials and a personal tutor who will be available to lend advice and their support (via email) throughout your studies.
Our dedicated student support team will also always be on hand to answer your queries or concerns so you never have to struggle or feel alone in your studies. No matter your question, we are always happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.