About This Course
Looking to improve your career prospects, climb that elusive career ladder and explore a job that takes advantage of your natural planning skills? Our Project Management Level 3 course can provide you the skills and the knowledge to take this step.
Exclusively designed for home study, this course can help you to explore the broad skillset required to become an effective Project Manager, as well as the principles of the role, your responsibilities and employer expectations.
More importantly, our Project Management Level 3 course can offer you the flexibility to study all of this from the comfort of your own home. There is no need to attend any classes as all of your course materials will be send straight to your home.
And this is great news if you are just stepping back into education or are restricted by work obligations, as you can mould this 80 hour course to fit around your existing work commitments and essentially study when, where and how you want.
From learning about the various stages of preparing, planning and budgeting, to learning how to manage resources and oversee implementation; by the end of this course you will know how to deliver a product – and its benefits – successfully, and make a credible difference to business productivity.
Split into 6 detailed and informative units, this course is the perfect stepping stone for progressing your career and gaining real and transferrable skills. With every unit that you complete, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials, but more importantly will be able to test your newly acquired skills within a practical setting.
This course will:
- Give you the freedom to study when, where and how you want, and at your own pace – all course materials will be sent to your home (by mail or by email) where you will be able to complete it when YOU are ready.
- Help you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – taking on average 80 hours of study time to complete, we will give you a full year to submit your assignments.
- Provide you with a full years’ worth of tutor support.
- Challenge your perceptions of this career field, whilst working to enhance your natural organisational skills.
- Help you to climb the career ladder.
- Offer you a stress free and convenient way to study – no strict deadlines, no stress, no pressure…
Unit 1: Project Management: Definitions, Principles and Scope
- Design an analogy or metaphor that encapsulates best practice in project Management
- Roles and responsibilities of a Project Sponsor and a Project Manager
- Common oversights and mistakes that can happen when a new project is being launched
- Avoiding mistakes
- Belbin’s Team Role Inventory
Unit 2: Project Initiation: Preparing the Ground
- Implementing best practice in project initiation
- Purpose and scope of a project
- Estimating the development of a project
- Strategies and tactics to identify key stakeholder
- Agreeing on a shared vision and project evaluation criteria
- Tactical plan to achieve major deliverables within realistic timescales and in practical stages
Unit 3: Planning the Project
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Flow diagram which identifies dependencies
- Realistic timescales and critical path
- Schedule deliverables within achievable timescales
- Producing a realistic budget plan and summary
Unit 4: Managing your Resources
- Motivates your influences
- How you are perceived by others
- Ability to manage projects
- The four stages of project team development
- The skills to set realistic and motivating goals for project teams
- Coping strategies to manage conflict
Unit 5: Due Diligence and Background Checks
- Best practice in monitoring and reporting
- Effective project team meetings
- Creating an agreed project team culture
- Developing a project team to achieve high performance
Unit 6: Delivering Benefits from a Project
- Developing project team management skills
- Rewarding high performance
- Managing project hand-over successfully
- Develop project evaluation strategies
- How to leave a positive legacy
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those looking to progress their career and take their first tentative steps onto the career ladder.
We may specialise in the provision of home study courses; however at no point on your learning journey do you have to feel alone in your studies. From day one you will receive the highest standard of customer support – from comprehensive study guides to the assistance of our personal tutors; helps is always at hand.
Our personal tutors are all experts in their field, meaning you can readily harness their knowledge, guidance and instruction and use it to progress your studies.
In turn, our student support team are always available to answer your questions and be a pillar of support. Just one click away… you’ll never have to wait long for an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.