About This Course
Our Introduction to Event Management Level 2 course has been developed for people who are interested in event management and would like to boost their careers by equipping themselves with the skills needed to professionally organise events.
This home study course will teach you all about the event planning process and how to select the perfect venue.
You will discover how to create and organise festivals, outside concerts and charity events and learn about the health and safety aspects of event management.
Studying this course will develop your expertise in building client relationships and help you discover ways of marketing your business.
Study at your own pace as you have a full year to complete this course (which takes an average of 80 hours). All materials will be delivered by post or email and coursework for marking is sent to your tutor by post or email for your convenience.
Unit 1: Customer Service and the Role of the Event Manager
- Key qualities of an event manager
- Delivering reliable customer service
- Creating a seamless service
- Supporting clients
Unit 2: The Event Planning Process
- Event documentation
- Choosing a venue
- Managing problems
- The event planning process
Unit 3: Types of Events Requiring Management
- Birthday party planning
- Organising a charity event
- Black tie events
- Festivals and outdoor concerts
Unit 4: Health and Safety
- Health and safety policies
- Risk assessment
- Large and small events
- The health and safety coordinator
Unit 5: Planning Small and Private Client Events
- Building a client relationship
- Overcoming difficulty
- Events at private homes
- Planning small corporate events
Unit 6: Running an Event Management Business from Home
- Marketing your business
- Financial details required by HMRC
- Starting an Event Management business
- IT requirements
Introduction to Event Management Level 2 is assessed by a series of coursework that is submitted to your tutor by post or email.
No external examination is necessary for this course.
No prior knowledge of event management is required to enrol on this course.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). QLS endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard.
The learner unit summary may be used as evidence towards recognition of prior learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
Throughout the course you will have email access to your own personal tutor who may be contacted at any time.
We also offer a dedicated student support team who will answer any questions you may have and provide any additional level of support.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).