About This Course
Imagine being able to study from the comfort of your own home and still achieve the same A Level qualification you would at college. Our home learning A Level Business Studies course is designed to offer you the flexibility to study at your own pace and achieve the UCAS points you need to get on the university course of your dreams.
This exclusive 2 year course has been updated to meet the latest academic specifications, meaning you’ll receive the most up to date academic content – the same content you would receive at college.
From learning how to meet customer needs, manage people and interpret the market, to raising finance, developing business objectives and strategies, and understanding globalisation; by the end of this course you’ll have acquired all the tools, knowledge and resources you need to create a strong foundation within Business Studies.
More importantly, you’ll gain 56 UCAS points which can be used to boost your university applications.
Structured around 4 key themes, each module is designed to broaden your understanding of this niche so you can apply them within a real and academic setting.
From business consultant to management to a career in financial planning; you can take the theoretical knowledge and skills you’ll acquire on this course and use them to build a quality education.
- Can be tailored around prior work or social commitments, enabling you to find the perfect balance between work and study.
- Is free of deadlines – you can pick and choose how you study. Your only deadline is the A Level examinations in June.
- Equates to the same A Level you’d receive at college. It has simply been tailored to suit a home learning environment.
- Theme 1: Marketing and People – meeting customer needs; the market; marketing mix and strategy; managing people, and entrepreneurs and leaders.
- Theme 2: Managing Business Activities – raising finance; financial planning; managing finance; resource management, and external influence.
- Theme 3: Business Decisions and Strategy – business objectives and strategies; business growth; decision-making techniques; influences on business decisions; assessing competitiveness, and managing change.
- Theme 4: Global Business – globalisation; global markets and business expansion; global marketing, and global industries and companies (multinational corporations).
To achieve this Business Studies A Level you will be assessed across all 4 themes by undertaking 3 paper based examinations.
Paper 1: Marketing, People and Global Business – this written examination carries 35% of the weight of your A Level and aims to assess your knowledge of the content discussed on themes 1-4 from local, national and global contexts. 2 hours long, the assessment will take the format of data response questions and 1 extended open-ended response question.
Paper 2: Business Activities, Decisions and Strategy – this written examination is 2 hours long and carries 35% of the weight of your A Level. Comprising of data response questions and 1 extended open response question; it will test your knowledge of themes 2-3 and from local, national and global contexts.
Paper 3: Investigating Business in Competitive Environment – this 2 hour written examination carries 30% of the weight of your A Level and will assess your knowledge of any content from all themes and from local, national and global contexts. This will be achieved through data response questions and 1 extended open response question.
For Paper 3, there will be a pre-released context document issued on the Pearson website in the November of the previous year.
Please Note: To achieve your A Level qualification you will need to pass the standard A Level examinations (which are available on specific dates via the Edexcel website). You will need to book these exams independently; however we can supply you with a list of examination centres. The exam costs will vary depending on the centre you choose (the cost of these exams are separate from the course cost).
There is no requirement to have past qualifications or knowledge of the area to enrol on this course.
Upon completion of this home learning course you will receive an A Level in Business Studies issued by Edexcel.
Upon enrolling onto this Business Studies A Level, not only will you have 2 years to complete it but you will be provided with course materials, a comprehensive study guide and a course pack that contains self-assessment exercises and tutor marked study questions.
More importantly, you’ll receive your very own personal tutor who at a click of a button will be on hand to answer your queries as you complete your course. Our student support team can also lend comprehensive advice, ensuring you never have to struggle alone with your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.