What if, after all of the hours of studying, the pain of the exams, and the agonising wait for results,...
A Level Business Studies
Are you interested in what makes a business successful? How individuals make business decisions and juggle the day-to-day management of all of the necessary tasks such as finance, planning, development, resourcing etc? This A Level is a must for individuals who are looking to advance themselves, either in the world of work, or to take a step towards University.
A Level Business Studies
Flexible study options
Choose a study format
Choose a way to pay
About This Course
Imagine being able to study from the comfort of your own home and still achieve the same A Level qualification you would at college. Our home learning A Level Business Studies course is designed to offer you the flexibility to study at your own pace and achieve the UCAS points you need to get on the university course of your dreams.
This exclusive 2 year course has been updated to meet the latest academic specifications, meaning you’ll receive the most up to date academic content – the same content you would receive at college.
From learning how to meet customer needs, manage people and interpret the market, to raising finance, developing business objectives and strategies, and understanding globalisation; by the end of this course you’ll have acquired all the tools, knowledge and resources you need to create a strong foundation within Business Studies.
More importantly, you’ll gain 56 UCAS points which can be used to boost your university applications.
We'll help pay for your exam costs!
Find your nearest exam centre here
Structured around 4 key themes, each module is designed to broaden your understanding of this niche so you can apply them within a real and academic setting.
From business consultant to management to a career in financial planning; you can take the theoretical knowledge and skills you’ll acquire on this course and use them to build a quality education.
- Can be tailored around prior work or social commitments, enabling you to find the perfect balance between work and study.
- Is free of deadlines – you can pick and choose how you study. Your only deadline is the A Level examinations in June.
- Equates to the same A Level you’d receive at college. It has simply been tailored to suit a home learning environment.
Qualification Title: A-Level Business Studies
Qualification Number: 9BSO
UCAS Points: Up to 56
Theme 1: Marketing and People
- Meeting Customer Needs
- The Market
- Marketing Mix and Strategy
- Managing People
- Entrepreneurs and Leaders
Theme 2: Managing Business Activities
- Raising Finance
- Financial Planning
- Managing Finance
- Resource Management
- External Influence
Theme 3: Business Decisions and Strategy
- Business Objectives and Strategies
- Business Growth
- Decision-Making Techniques
- Influences on Business Decisions
- Assessing Competitiveness
- Managing Change
Theme 4: Global Business
- Global Markets and Business Expansion
- Global Marketing
- Global Industries and Companies (Multi-national Corporations)
To earn this A Level qualification you will first complete the assessments included in your course materials. These will be marked by your dedicated tutor and will prepare you for your exam.
You are required to complete three standard written exams:
- Paper 1: 2 hour written exam, 33% of total marks – 14 May 2024
- Paper 2: 2 hour written exam, 33% of total marks – 21 May 2024
- Paper 3: 2 hour written exam, 33% of total marks – 6 June 2024
(all dates are subject to change)
There is a separate fee for the examinations, which are paid directly to the exam centre at time of booking. We’ll help you book your exams when you are ready (we advise to book well in advance to guarantee your place).
Please note: the dates shown above are the next available exam slots only (exams take place every year).
There is no requirement to have past qualifications or knowledge of the area to enrol on this course.
Upon completion of this home learning course you will receive an A Level in Business Studies issued by Edexcel.
Upon enrolling onto this Business Studies A Level, not only will you have 2 years to complete it but you will be provided with course materials, a comprehensive study guide and a course pack that contains self-assessment exercises and tutor marked study questions.
More importantly, you’ll receive your very own personal tutor who at a click of a button will be on hand to answer your queries as you complete your course. Our student support team can also lend comprehensive advice, ensuring you never have to struggle alone with your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 2 years to complete this course, but can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs.
This is a government-regulated qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual-regulated awarding body.
Yes, you must pass exams to gain your A Level. There is a separate fee for the examinations, which are paid directly to the exam centre at time of booking.
The only difference is you study from home, at your own pace. The exams and qualification are exactly the same.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Happy learners who completed this course
A Level Business Studies
Studied this business a level ...
Studied this business a level alongside the accounting a level and haven't ended up going to university because I was offered a job. Now working up the ladder for free, with free training thanks to this course and my tutor.
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase