About This Course
Interested in exploring a career as a sports massage therapist or learning how to assist athletes recovering from sports injuries? Our Sports Massage Level 3 course has been uniquely designed to provide you with detailed knowledge on anatomy and physiology, so you can successfully assist patients and ensure that they receive an effective massage.
In just 100 hours, you can complete this home study course and learn everything that there is to know about how to boost athlete performance; aid their recovery (from sports injuries) and create safe and tailored treatment plans to suit a variety of injuries and physical discomforts.
More importantly, you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home!
No classes. No exams. No strict deadlines. Instead, you’ll be able to integrate this course into your life; fit it around your current work commitments, and complete it at a time, location and pace of your choosing.
In other words, you can remain in full control of how you study. And this is great news if you are just stepping back into education or are looking for a career change, as this course will easily mould itself to suit you.
From sending all of your course materials to your home, to the continuous support of our personal tutors; by the end of this course you will have a deep and thorough knowledge of massage theories and techniques which you’ll be able to transfer into your work.
Split into 6 concise units, every element of our Sports Massage Level 3 course is designed to broaden your knowledge on anatomy, physiology and sports injuries, so you can tailor your massage techniques/treatments to suit the type of injury you are presented with.
This course covers everything, supplying you with real and transferable skills that can easily be deployed within your work as a therapist. In turn, this course will help you to achieve a deeper appreciation for the difference sports massages can make to an athletes recovery.
This course will:
- Enable you to study on your own terms, in your own time and at your pace – all course materials will be sent straight to your home.
- Allow you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – our course are highly adaptable and will easily fit around your current work commitments.
- Help you to climb the career ladder.
- Expand your knowledge, understanding and comprehension of sports massages and their influence on treatment and recovery.
Module 1: Health, Fitness and the Principles of Sports Massage
- What is Sports Massage?
- Sports Massage Techniques
- Sports Massage as a Treatment
- Benefits and Physiological Effects of Sports Massage
- Equipment Needed to Perform Sports Massage
Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
- The Function of the Skeletal System
- The Muscular System Structure
- Structure and functions of the Nervous System
Module 3: Contraindications and Soft Tissue Dysfunction
- Soft Tissue Dysfunction
Module 4: Professional Practice in Sports Massage
- Code of Conduct and Professional Practice
Module 5: Practical Delivery of Sports Massage Treatments
- Professional Bodies
- Massage Environment
- Sports Massage Practitioner Safety
- Client Assessment – client history
- Treatment Plans
- Setting up a Sports Massage Practice
Module 6: Massage Techniques
- Massage Strokes and Techniques
- Massage Positions
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with value feedback and tips which can be used to boost your grades. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience in sports massage is needed in order to enrol on this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the support and guidance of our personal tutors whose years of experience within sports therapy can help instruct, guide and mentor your studies, to the intricate detail of our course materials and study guides; from the moment you enrol we will go above and beyond to help you succeed.
You too can take advantage of our personal tutors and use their experience to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to answer your queries and provide guidance when you need help deciphering the course materials. Only one click away, you’ll never have to struggle or feel alone in your studies…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
There are no requirements to have completed any courses or have any knowledge of the subject area to enrol on the course. There is no application process and no questions asked when you sign up, it is accessible to anybody.
Your course will start as soon as you sign-up. You could start your journey of learning today!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.