About This Course
Open the door to new employment opportunities by gaining a commercial grasp of marketing. This home learning course, which can be started at any time, delivers a solid introduction to business marketing. This course can be studied at your own pace and fitted in around your schedule.
During this course you will learn the theories of marketing including life cycles, product portfolios and the Boston Matrix. You will gain a greater understanding of markets, segmentation and pricing strategy.
Our course also explores how promotional activity occurs and ways to effectively coordinate it.
You will have an entire year to study this course which usually takes around 80 hours to complete. We will deliver the course materials online or by post and we provide a personal tutor, who will support you by email throughout the course,
Enrol now to join our 60,000 students who are enjoying better careers as a result of studying with us.
- Unit 1: Delivers an introduction to marketing. In this module you will study marketing and value and explore the value chain. This module explores markets, target markets, corporate objectives and the marketing mix.
- Unit 2: Focuses on products and markets. It examines marketing and growth and examines market life cycles. You will study various marketing strategies and gain a greater understanding of product portfolios, market share, patenting and the Boston Matrix.
- Unit 3: Prepares you for dealing with competition and adding value. You will discover the Competitive Compass and grow your knowledge of product ranges and tactical pricing
- Unit 4: Focuses on place and market segments. You will learn how to segment a market as you explore segmentations and value and segmentations and place. Discover what place means for an industry and learn about inbound logistics.
- Unit 5: This module explores different types of advertising and effectively prepares you for promotional activity by exploring various promotional activities and examining life cycle and promotion. You will learn how to promote to different market segments and discover how to promote what people value.
No external examination is required for this course which is assessed by a series of written assignments that are submitted to your tutor for marking.
No previous knowledge of marketing is required for this course
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Your course materials and a comprehensive study guide will be delivered to you. We provide support through your own personal tutor who can be contacted by email at any time throughout the course.
We also have a dedicated student support team to answer any questions and provide an extra layer of support.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.