About This Course
Our Nail Technician qualification is designed to give you an understanding of the requirements to start a career or your own business as a nail technician. The units are tailored to those who wish to understand the practical side of being a nail technician whilst also understanding how to launch and run their own business.
In this Nail Technician course you will:
- Understand the anatomy of the skin, appreciate the jobs skin undertakes
- Identify skin diseases which can be crucial to a clients health
- Understand the structure of a nail and the reasons for their discolouration
- Learn how to provide a manicure and pedicure
- Understand nail composition and growth
- The different types of nail tips to apply on clients nail
- Learn all about overlays and how to prepare nails
- Crucially health and safety and the requirements of working safely and hygienically.
Unit 1: The Anatomy of the Skin and Nails
Unit 2: Manicures and Pedicures
Unit 3: Nail Compositions
Unit 4: Nail Tips
Unit 5: Overlays
Unit 6: Health and Safety
To pass this course learners must pass 7 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions.
Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
No prior knowledge or nail technician skills is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed). This will be a certificate in Nail Technician Level 3.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners’ or employers’. It has also been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and the courses they offer – meet a high standard.
It is important to note that completion of this course alone will not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification; however, it may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards future regulated qualifications. The unit summary can also be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning (should you wish to further your studies within this field).
ABC Awards are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They have a comprehensive portfolio of over 650 Ofqual regulated qualifications on the national Qualifications and Credit framework (QCF) for all ages and abilities post-14.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience as a nail technician can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.