About This Course
Our Nail Technician qualification is designed to give you an understanding of the requirements to start a career or your own business as a nail technician. The units are tailored to those who wish to understand the practical side of being a nail technician whilst also understanding how to launch and run their own business.
In this Nail Technician course you will:
- Study health and safety and the requirements of working safely and hygienically
- Understand the anatomy of the skin, appreciate the jobs skin undertakes
- Identify skin diseases which can be crucial to a client’s health
- Understand the structure of a nail and the reasons for their discolouration
- Learn how to provide a manicure and pedicure
- Understand nail composition and growth
- The different types of nail tips to apply on clients nail
- Learn all about overlays and how to prepare nails
Unit 1: Health & Safety Legislation and Physiology
- What are nails and where do they come from?
- Injuries, illnesses, and other physiological changes that might affect our nails
- Health and safety overview
- HSE recommendations
- Chemicals and side effects
- Best practice for nail technicians
Unit 2: Manicure and Maintenance
- General nail care
- Manicure as maintenance
- Manicure as “me time”
- Case study of psychological benefits
- Colouring the nails
Unit 3: Extension Application
- Guide to different extension techniques
- Pros and cons of different systems
- Important tools
- Methodology examples
- Maintenance tips
- Social and cultural implications
Unit 4: Acrylic and Gel
- What we mean when we say “acrylic nails”
- Liquid and powder techniques
- Nail shapes
- Hard gels and application techniques
- The different meanings of the term “soft gel”
- Gel polish
- Gel polish techniques
Unit 5: Nail Art and Design
- Nail Design as an Artform
- Creating Nail Art
- Art and repertoire
- Painting techniques
- Colour theory
Unit 6: Customer Relationships and Marketing Styles
- Communication techniques
- Marketing basics
- Marketing ideas
- Social media and online marketing
- Uniforms and dress code
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions.
Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
No prior knowledge or nail technician skills is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience as a nail technician can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guides and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.