About This Course
Look into the minds of criminals with our fascinating Criminal Psychology endorsed Course. As a learner studying this course, you will have the chance to evaluate criminal behaviour and what caused the perpetrator to commit the crime.
You will be able to analyse the psychological and social theories relevant to our own understanding of criminality and consider a career in areas such as, the police, social work or similar.
By choosing this programme of study you can be assured that you will have the opportunity to study at you own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
There is no requirement to complete any lower level courses before being able to register for this course.
Split into 7 units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of Criminal Psychology, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
From understanding the criminal mind to profiling offenders and geographic profiling, theoretical & practical approaches, confidentiality, mental health and violence, crisis management and perception, memory and eyewitness testimony; by the end of this course you’ll feel confident in your ability to work with your patients to further understand their minds.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred directly into the workplace.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
- Challenge your perceptions of Criminal Psychology, giving you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
Unit 1: Explanation of Criminal Behaviours
Unit 2: Substance Misuse and Violent Offences
Unit 3: Sexual Offences and Stalking
Unit 4: Serial Murder and Terrorism
Unit 5: Profiling Offenders and Geographic Profiling
Unit 6: Mental Health and Psychopathy
Unit 7: Interviewing, Deception and Eyewitness Testimony
The Criminal Psychology programme of learning is assessed through a series of written assignments, which will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking and feedback to confirm that you have met the learning outcomes. There are no external examinations required.
There is no requirement to have any background knowledge or qualifications to complete/enrol on this course and your tutor will provide support from day one! If you do have any additional learning requirements, please let your tutor know as they will then be able to tailor their feedback and support around your requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.