About This Course
If you are fascinated with the inner workings of the criminal mind or are interested in developing a career working in forensic science; then our Forensic Psychology Level 3 course can help you to delve into this fascinating world.
Fully interactive and engaging, from the comfort of your own home you can study the key psychological principles and theories used to understand criminal behaviour, as well as discover how criminal profiling can assist in detection of crimes.
In fact, you can take the knowledge and skills acquired over this one year course and use it to make a real difference to the criminal justice system.
All it takes is just 120 hours of study time to complete, and in no time at all you will have acquired a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge that will not only enable you to pursue further studies within psychology and forensic science, but will also become an incredible asset to your CV.
This impressive course has been exclusively designed for home study, meaning you can enrol onto this course and study at a pace that is right for you. No deadlines. No exams. No pressure.
You can mould your studies around your current work commitments and on your own terms achieve a qualification that can truly jump start your career.
From understanding the role of forensic psychologists, to developing a deeper comprehension of the biological, psychological and criminological explanations surrounding criminal activity; during this 6 unit course you can truly get to grips with what will be expected of you should you choose to venture down this career route.
At every opportunity this course will seek to develop your theoretical knowledge; challenge your perspectives and shed light on theories surrounding risk factors and rape. In turn, your written assignments will allow you to take this understanding and witness their application within realistic scenarios.
This course will allow you to:
- Receive your course materials by mail or by email – ensuring a stress free, convenient way to study.
- Study and complete your assignments at your own pace – no classes, no deadlines, no exams…
- Complete your studies from the comfort of your own home.
- Broaden your knowledge and skillset in forensic psychology.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Unit 1: The Forensic Psychologist
- Introduction to Forensic Psychology
- Law and Forensic Psychology
- Insanity Plea
- Unit 2: Biological, Psychological and Criminological Explanations
- Biological (genetic, biochemical)
- Personality Theories
- Psychological explanations
- Social learning theory
- Media and crime
- Attachment theory
- Criminological theories
- Unit 3: Abnormal Behaviour and Psychopathy
- Deviation from social norms (DSN)
- Failure to function adequately (FFA)
- Cognitive approach to abnormal psychology
- Behavioural psychology
- Psychopathy and antisocial personality disorder
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Unit 4: Risk Factors and Assessment Tools
- Risk factors
- Children who kill
- Structure clinical judgement
- Unstructured clinical judgement
- DSM Criteria for ASPD
- Psychopathy checklist
- Assessing risk: predicting recidivism and harm on parole
- Unit 5: Profiling and Behavioural Science
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Approaches to profiling
- Type of crime scene
- Personality attributes
- Geographical profiling
- Victim attack method
- Unit 6: Theories and Typologies of Rape
- Models and typologies of rape
- Theories of rape (anger, sadism)
- Sexual abuse and paedophilia
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials and syllabus.
These will need to be submitted by mail or by email to your personal tutor, whose feedback and tips can be used to improve your overall grade.
No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those who have got a natural interest in Forensic Psychology.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We take pride in helping all of our students to achieve success, so whilst this course is designed for home study, you will never feel alone or isolated in your studies. From day one, you will be supplied with the continuous advice and guidance of our personal tutors who will endeavour to maximise your learning potential with the feedback they provide on your assignments.
Similarly, our student support team is only a click away, meaning if you ever need assistance with a question, your assignments or course materials; they will always be on available to answer your questions and give you a helping hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.