About This Course
Addiction affects thousands of people and comes in all shapes and sizes. Yet despite this obvious growing need for help, there is sadly a national shortage of therapists capable of helping people to overcome their addictive behaviours.
Fortunately our Addiction Counselling Level 3 course, can lend you the tools, the knowledge and the insight so you can successfully lend your support to those dealing with gambling, alcohol, drug, shopping as well as numerous other addictions, so they can receive the professional help they need.
Become a self employed counsellor on completion of this course, as you will be able to gain insurance and open your own business!
- FREE Business Start Up Course worth £95 included.
Whether you are an existing counsellor looking to broaden your specialisms or are simply interested in exploring a role within this field; our online course can help you to broaden your skillset and make a massive difference to the lives of those with addiction.
Every element of our course is designed to teach you about the different types and causes of addiction, as well as provide you with the knowledge to offer appropriate therapy and support.
This means, by the end of this 6 unit course you can feel confident in your ability to aid those with addiction as you’ll have a thorough understanding of counselling and its key principles, and will be able to adapt your counselling to suit the addiction each individual is dealing with.
All that we ask is that you complete this 100 hour course within 12 months of your registration. Otherwise, you are welcome to do it at your own pace, in your own time and manage it around your existing work commitments.
All of our courses are designed with flexibility in mind, so you can easily work to your own deadlines without pressure.
Our Addiction Counselling Level 3 course delves deep into the basics of counselling before providing you with the tools to understand the physiology, psychology and predispositions of addiction.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to evolve your skillsets so you can easily establish a trusting relationship with addicts and create a plan of action that is in their best interests.
This course is designed to complement your existing practical work by supplying you with the theoretical knowledge to expand on your current skills and broaden your specialisms within counselling.
For those with no prior experience, you can discover what it takes to assist those in need and develop credible plans that will enable them to overcome their addictions.
During this course, you will:
- Learn how to combat workplace challenges and assess addictions on a patient by patient basis (by developing your knowledge, understanding and skills).
- Expand your level of counselling specialisms and approaches, so you can assist numerous types of addictions.
- Be able to raise counselling standards and reduce the shortage of counsellors.
More importantly, you can lend support to those in need so they can learn to recognise and overcome addictive tendencies.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Counselling – covers core skills and competencies of counselling; the aims and objectives of counselling; key theoretical principles, and the scope of counselling.
- Unit 2: Approaches and Models of Helping – establishing and maintaining counselling relationships; importance of relationship boundaries in addiction counselling; ethical principles and how to apply them.
- Unit 3: Post Traumatic Stress Counselling – theoretical principles of each approach; specialist skills required, and key similarities and differences between approaches.
- Unit 4: Understanding Addiction – the physiology, psychology and predisposition of addiction, and the processes of relapse.
- Unit 5: Types of Addiction – substance and alcohol addiction; common features of addiction; adapting approaches to different types of addiction, and the challenges of each addiction (including impact on social, family etc.).
- Unit 6: Client and Support Issues in Addiction Counselling – challenges of co-occurring diagnoses; how stereotyping and labelling affects counselling processes; challenges of denial and ambivalence; social and family support systems, and how they affect recovery.
Our online course takes approximately 100 hours to complete and is assessed solely through a series of written assignments that will be marked by your personal tutor upon submission.
These assignments are designed to test your course knowledge and their application within various counselling scenarios, whilst also demonstrating your competency. No external marking or examinations are required.
Our course can also be started at any time, enabling you to combine your existing work commitments with your studies.
No prior knowledge or experience is required, making this course a fantastic asset to those looking to take their first steps into counselling or whom solely want to specialise in addiction.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Upon enrolling onto this course you will receive a comprehensive study guide and your assignments. You will also receive your very own personal tutor and access to our student support team who will provide you will endless hours of support.
Never do you have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies, as our team are equipped to handle all types of queries and concerns, and will continue to support you throughout the 12 month duration of your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.