About This Course
The role of the counsellor has never been more important. As mental health conditions have increased worldwide, so too has the demand for a service that puts the health and wellbeing of our society at its core.
As a counsellor, you’ll provide support to people struggling with issues such as anxiety, depression and stress, by offering empathy, respect and advice. If you have an passion for helping people deal with their mental health and life issues, then you should consider a career as a counsellor.
This advanced Level 5 online counselling course offers a thorough understanding of counselling’s theories and concepts, and features 9 units covering different specialties such as addiction and child counselling, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Completion of this course can lead to employment within counselling roles, or help you work towards practicing as a self-employed counsellor.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your work.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
- Challenge your perceptions of counselling, giving you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials.
On completion of the course you’ll also receive a FREE Business Start Up Course worth £95.
Unit 1: Introduction to Advanced Level Counselling Skills
Unit 2: Person Centred Approaches to Counselling and Psychotherapy
Unit 3: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Unit 4: Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Unit 5: Child Counselling
Unit 6: Grief and Loss
Unit 7: Abuse and Trauma
Unit 8: Addiction Counselling
Unit 9: Personal Development and Client Work
The BACP conducted a survey to understand additional detail relating to the use of counselling services:
- 28% of the UK population will at some point use counselling services
- 54% of people say that their family member, friend, work college or themselves have consulted a counsellor
- Stress levels across the UK are increasing, with 48% of people feeling more stress than they did five years ago
- Depression and Anxiety are the main causes for the use of counselling services.
*These are the results of the most recent survey conducted in 2014.
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge, training or skills in counselling is needed in order to undertake this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience within counselling can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies. With twelve months tutor support, you have the option of completing in as little as three months, or using the full twelve months.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you will be able to practise as a Counsellor and gain insurance to ensure that you are covered when providing your service.
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
There are no requirements to have completed any courses or have any knowledge of the subject area to enrol on the course. There is no application process and no questions asked when you sign up, it is accessible to anybody.
Your course will start as soon as you sign-up. You could start your journey of learning today!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.