About This Course
Our advanced level 4 Counselling course, fully accredited by ACCPH and Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), is for those who have an existing level of understanding relating to counselling.
Become a self employed advanced counsellor on completion of this course, as you will be able to gain insurance and open your own business!
FREE Business Start Up Course worth £95 included.
Study from the comfort of your own home, to learn skills, methods of counselling and qualities required to become an advanced counsellor.
In this Counselling course you will:
- Begin by developing good practise in a counselling setting, whilst learning how to build a relationship between counsellor and client
- Examine the ethics and moral issues with the counselling process
- Understand the important of self-development, reflecting on sessions and being self-aware as a counsellor.
Split into 7 units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of Counselling, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
From understanding the industry to understanding relationships, theoretical approaches, confidentiality, transference, crisis and ego psychology; by the end of this course you’ll feel confident in your ability to work with your clients to improve their situation.
This course will:
- Help you to understand approaches to Counselling
- Increase your knowledge relating to Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and Psychodram
- Explain the different types of communication
- Unit 1: Approaches – Jung, Freud and Adlerian
- Unit 2: Types of Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- Unit 3: Client Centred Counselling
- Unit 4: Transactional Analysis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Unit 5: Additional Counselling Approaches
- Unit 6: Cognitive Behavioural and Reality Therapy
- Unit 7: Post Traumatics Stress (PTSD) Counselling
- Unit 8: Communication Types in Counselling
- Unit 9: Law and Administration
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
It is recommend to have complete the Level 3 Counselling Diploma to understand the basic concepts of Counselling before proceeding with this course. It is not however a requirement and if you feel confident you can start straight away on the higher level.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from TQUK and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed). This will be a certificate in Counselling Level 4.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners’ or employers’. It has been endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and the courses they offer – meet a high standard.
TQUK are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They offer a large and diverse portfolio of Ofqual regulated qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). for all ages and abilities post-14.
From the guidance of our personal tutors whose industry experience within counselling can help to support and mentor your studies, to our comprehensive study guide and course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to lend you their advice and guidance as they help you to decipher your course materials and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it…
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you will be able to practise as a Counsellor and gain insurance to ensure that you are covered when providing your service.
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).