About This Course
The recording and processing of employee salaries is a key part of any business, so as an organisation it is vital that you have the skills in place to handle their payroll. Fortunately, our ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management course can quickly and efficiently get you up to speed, by offering you a comprehensive introduction into how payroll works.
In turn, this course can provide you with the skills to use this information as a means to progress into a career within payroll management.
This home based covers everything from relevant payroll legislations, to recording of expenses, to dealing with payments, timesheets, pay reviews and variances. In addition, you will be shown the payroll processes for dealing with holidays, absences and leavers, as well as automatic enrolment and pensions.
In other words, you will be given the theoretical knowledge to actively participate in your businesses payroll services!
And this is great news, if the cost of outsourcing your payroll needs is hindering your budget, as by the end of this one year course – which takes just 90 hours to complete – you will confidently be able to handle it yourself.
Simply register onto this course, and you’ll receive all of your course materials in the post. No classes. No strict deadlines. You’ll be able to study on your own terms, from your own home, at your own pace, AND still be able to work.
Our course has been purposefully designed for home study, and is structured in such a way that it is possible for you to achieve a healthy work-study balance.
Please Note: The Sage 50 Payroll software will work with all 32 or 64-bit variants of Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Window Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Small Business Server 2011. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. Please email us for full specification and compatibility details.
Split into 2 concise units, every element of this course aims to broaden your understanding and knowledge of payroll management, so you are fully equipped to deal with your own employees pay, pension and sickness needs.
Alongside testing your competency and comprehension – through tutor-marked assignments – this course will also supply you with real and transferrable skills that will prove beneficial to your business or future employment within this field.
With this course you will:
- Enable you to study when, where and how you want, and at a pace of your choosing – all course materials will be sent straight to your home.
- Boost your qualifications and CV credentials, opening new doors within payroll management.
- Help you to step back into education and achieve a healthy work-study balance.
- Improve your knowledge, comprehension and understanding of payroll requirements and the expectations of employees.
- ICB 1-year Annual Subscription and Registration fee worth £78.00 (it can take up to 6 weeks to process the registration)
With this course you will also receive:
Unit 1: Manual Payroll
- Legislation PAYE, NI, Pensions and RTI
- Gross pay and statutory payments
- National Insurance Contributions
- PAYE and tax codes
- Statutory deductions, student loans and attachment of earnings
- Directors N.I. deductions
- Expenses and Benefits in Kind (BIK)
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Payroll forms in a payroll system
Unit 2: Computerised Payroll
- Installation of Sage 50 payroll
- Setting up and configuration
- Company set up and access rights
- Employee records set up
- Payroll processing
- Timesheet entry
- Pay review and variances
- Record Holidays and absences
- Process payrolls with holidays and absences
- Processing new employees
- Personnel records
- Pensions and auto-enrolment
- Bonuses, attachment of earning and statutory pay
- Payroll year end
This course is assessed using a series of tutor marked assignments that are designed to help our personal tutors to monitor your progress and supply you with valuable tips and feedback. Should you wish to gain the formal ICB qualification, you will need to sit an exam. This can be done from home and be arranged by yourself when you are most comfortable and ready to take it.
Note: Should you choose to sit the ICB examinations, there will be a small charge payable to the ICB (separate from the cost of the course).
No prior knowledge or experience in payroll management is required in order to enrol onto this course; however you will need to have access to a computer with a CD-ROM drive so you will be able to use the Sage Payroll software that is provided.
This ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management comes with a choice of two study options:
- The course can be studied for personal interest and development without any need to take the online assessment. Instead, you will be provided you with a completion certificate proving that you have completed the course.
We take pride in offering our students professional support and advice. That is why alongside our comprehensive course materials and study guides, you will also be supplied with a personal tutor. All of our personal tutors are experts in their field, meaning you can harness years of industry knowledge and information – at a click of a button – and use it to enhance your studies.
Accessible by email 24 hours a day and by phone, 4 days a week; you can easily reach out to our personal tutors and receive the support you deserve.
In turn, our student support team is dedicated to supplying you with hours of endless support as they help you to decipher your course materials; monitor your progress and answer all of your queries and concerns. No matter the question, help is always at hand…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.