About this Course
Our online Beauty Therapy qualification course will provide you with the skill set to achieve a career as a beauty therapist, whether that be self-employed or employed.
- FREE Business Start Up Course worth £95 included.
Learn various treatments such as facials, manicure and pedicures, eyelash and eyebrows waxing. There is also an introduction to make-up, to provide a stepping stone and taste into other areas of this vast industry.
You will learn one of the most important factors, health and safety – with the risks of infection outlined. Complete our beauty therapy course via our online platform or using the traditional method of a paper booklet which will be dispatched to your address.
Split into 7 fascinating units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of Beauty Therapy, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
From understanding industry standards to facial and skin care treatments, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, make-up services; by the end of this course you’ll feel confident in your ability to work within a beauty salon or from the comfort of your own home.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your career.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
- Challenge your perceptions of Beauty Therapy, giving you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency and comprehension of the course materials.
Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Health & safety at work act (HASAW) 1974
- Manual handling operations regulations 1992
- Control of substances hazardous to health regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Accidents/ injuries and disease
- Hazard management & The Salon Environment
- Maintaining hygiene & Waste disposal
Unit 2: Consultation and Reception Duties
- Record card
- Consultation for facial treatments
- Signs of skin ageing & Skin consultation
- The reception area & Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Insurance, Employment laws & Emergency procedures
Unit 3: Facial and Skin Care Treatments
- Facial treatments
- Skin structure, Skin types & Skin analysis
- Conditions & Treatments
- Mask therapy
Unit 4: Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments
- Skin test
- Eyelash & Eyebrow tinting
- Eyebrow shaping
- False eyelashes
- Treatment times
Unit 5: Manicure and Pedicure Treatments
- Nail facts , Common nail problems and disorders
- Manicure consultation and procedure
- Enamelling the nails & Artificial nails
- Nail art & procedure
- Common Foot and Nail Diseases
- Pedicure procedures & Foot care products
- Treatment times
Unit 6: Waxing Methods and Hair Removal
- Body and facial hair
- Hair colour & Hair growth cycle
- Causes of Superfluous and Strong Hair Growth
- Dealing with male clients
- Effects of different methods of removal on the hair & Permanent Methods of Hair Removal
Unit 7: Make-up Services
- Make-up consultation & Client Preparation
- Record Card and Treatment Plan
- Product Formulations & Product Use and Information
- Mineral Make-up & Preparation for Make-up
- Brushes and tools & Make-up application
- Treatment times
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required. You will have the chance to re-submit your assignments as needed with no additional cost.
There is no requirement to have any background knowledge or qualifications to complete this course and your tutor will provide support from day one! If you do have any additional learning requirements, please let your tutor know as they will then be able to tailor their feedback and support around your requirements.
By the end of this course you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), one of the largest Ofqual regulated UK awarding bodies (your certificate will also list all of the modules completed as part of your course as an appendix).
This course has been endorsed by the Training Qualifications UK’ Quality Licence Scheme, this means that the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard.
TQUK are recognised nationally and boast an impressive portfolio of over 650 Ofqual regulation qualifications.
You will receive the beauty therapy level 2 manual, assignments and a comprehensive study guide, alongside your very own personal tutor who can provide you with endless support via email.
Our student support team can also handle any other queries you may have whilst completing your course, meaning you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. Instead, our team will always be on hand to help throughout the full 12-month duration of your course (you are able to complete earlier than 12 months).
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.