About This Course
If you are interested in expanding your beauty skills or adding to the portfolio of your salon; then our online Beauty Therapy and Massage Level 3 course bundle can provide you with the skills, the knowledge and the resources to make these dreams happen.
In one compact homebased course you can learn everything that there is to know about becoming a beauty massage therapist, whilst acquiring an arsenal of skills that are certain to make you an asset in your job.
This homebased course covers everything. From body, face and scalp massages, to wet and dry heat treatments; in just 160 hours of study you will walk away confident in your ability to sooth the aches and pains of your clients, as well as your ability to manage a team of employees.
During this course you will:
- Develop a good working knowledge of a range of different beauty therapy treatments
- Study a range of massage techniques which can be tailored to work alongside/assist various therapeutic treatments
- Learn how to create a safe and hygienic working environment
- Develop your professional skills
- Learn how to deal with client consultations and salon management
And you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home. No classrooms. No strict deadlines. No exams.
At a time, pace and location of your choosing, you can absorb all of these essential skills and mould this course to work around you.
This is especially helpful if work, social or family obligations are preventing you from getting back into education, as you can adapt this course to suit your needs and complete it in your on your own terms.
With this course you will also receive the following:
FREE Beauty Kit including: Emery boards, manicure sticks, hand lotion, mask brush, mask removing sponges and headband.
* Not included with the online study option
With a full two years to complete this course bundle, broadening your skillset has never been easier. In one neat package you can acquire the skills to become a beauty massage therapist, as well as the theoretical knowledge to offer a range of new and exciting treatments within your salon.
From understanding the benefits of electrical treatments, to learning about skin analysis, anatomy, salon management and different types of massages; in just 160 hours of study, you will achieve a level of comprehension and competency that will enable you to climb the career ladder.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Boost your career opportunities and skills portfolio
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines and no classrooms. We will send all of your course materials straight to your door or inbox
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance – you can learn on your own terms without having to sacrifice on your family, work or social obligations
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of beauty therapy and massage
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
Beauty Therapy Level 3:
Unit 1: Body, Face and Scalp Massage and Body Electrical Treatments
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
Unit 2: Advanced Skin Analysis and Facial Electrical Treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
Unit 3: Anatomy, Physiology and the Effects of Salon Treatments
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
Unit 4: Wet and Dry Heat Treatments
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
Unit 5: Salon Management
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
Unit 6: Salon Operations and Organisation
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
Massage Level 3
Unit 1: Essential Anatomy and Physiology
- Body systems
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and Ligaments
Unit 2: Understanding Massage
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
Unit 3: Contraindications and Special Populations
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
Unit 4: Client Consultationn
- Therapist safety
- Client assessment
- Care plan
- Massage environment
Unit 5: Massage Techniques and Components
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
Unit 6: Massage Positions
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with feedback.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience in beauty therapy or massage is needed in order to enrol onto this course bundle, making it ideal for those first starting out in this field.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of homebased courses; from the moment you enrol you can trust that you’ll be surrounded by a continuous network of support.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to the assistance of our dedicated personal tutors; we will go above and beyond to maximise your studies and give ensure you reach your full potential.
All of our personal tutors are experts in their field, meaning you can readily contact them online; ask them your questions, and gain access to years of industry knowledge and experience.
Our Student Support Team can similarly lend you hours of support, advice and guidance as they help you to decipher our course materials and guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.