About Our Courses
Are you looking to get back on the job ladder or venture into a new career, but your maths skills are letting you down? Our Basic Maths Level 2 course can act as the perfect stepping stone to helping you get your dream job as in just 60 hours of study, you can quickly bring your maths skills up to par; impress potential employers, and make your CV looking all the more tempting.
This impressive online course covers all of the basics, helping to not only refresh your memory of multiplication, division, whole numbers, ratios, graphs and measurements, but also give you the freedom to acquire these skills on your own terms.
There is no need to go to college or enter a classroom, as we’ll send all of your course materials straight to your door. This means, you can escape the pressure of college life and instead can create an environment where you will best flourish.
In fact, thanks to our Basic Maths Level 2 course being exclusively online, you can choose when, where and how you study, and do so at a pace that is right for you.
More importantly, you will be able to mold this course to fit around your current work commitments, making it possible for you to achieve a healthy work-study balance that doesn’t leave you feeling stressed or tired.
The perfect way to refresh your GCSE maths skills, this compact online course goes above and beyond to improve your knowledge of this subject, so you can confidently take these skills and apply them within the workplace.
We aim to make studying with us easy, so whether you choose to access your course materials through our online study platform or have them sent straight to your home; either way you can quickly harness our guides; utilise of our resources, and use our written assignments to build a foundation of knowledge that will truly broaden your career options.
With this course, you’ll:
- Both refresh and expand your current maths skills bringing them up to the standard expected from employers
- Be able to learn on your own terms, at own pace and from the comfort of your own home – all course materials are accessible online or can be sent to your home
- Benefit from a stress-free convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines, no classrooms – you can control your rate of learning
- Receive instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team for the full 12 month duration of your course – only one click away, help will always be at hand
Unit 1: Whole Numbers
- Place value (tens, hundredths, thousandths)
- Long division
- Traditional methods
- Box methods
Unit 2: Using Numbers and Calculations
- Square numbers and roots
- Cubic numbers and roots
- Order of operations (BODMAS)
- Inequalities (more than, less than signage)
- Inverse operations
Unit 3: Understanding Decimals, Fractions and Percentages
- Decimals and decimal places
- Standard Form
Unit 4: Working with Unit 3 Skills, Probability and Measures of Central Tendency
- Equivalences between decimals, fractions and percentages
- Basic probability
Unit 5: Measurements, Graphs, Tables and Charts
- Units of Time
- Speed, distance and time
- Weight and mass
- Frequency charts
- Bar charts
- Line graphs
- Scatter plots
Unit 6: Mathematical Project
- Interpret findings from a questionnaire
- Presentation of results
- Using appropriate mathematical skills
- Using skills and knowledge from the rest of the course
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the materials taught on the syllabus. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback on how to improve your grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those with math skills of all levels and abilities.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualification UK (TQUK) in Basic Maths Level 2.
This course has been designed by Open Study College to meet the specific requirements of learners’ and employers’. In addition, this course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means the Open Study College have undergone extensive external quality checks to ensure that their organisation – as well as their courses – all meet a high quality standard.
It is important to note that completion of this course alone will not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification. However, they may be used as evidence of your knowledge and skills when applying for future regulated qualifications. Similarly, the provided unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning, should you choose to pursue further studies within this sector.
We may specialise in the provision of online and home based courses; however, at no point on your learning journey will you ever feel alone or isolated in your studies. Instead, from the moment you enrol you will receive your very own personal tutor, whose years of knowledge and experience in this field can help to inform, guide and mentor your studies.
At just a click of a button you can easily contact our tutors, seek out their advice and get the answers you crave. A the same time, you can also harness the help of our Student Support Team, who are always ready, willing and able to lend a hand as you work through your course materials. No matter the question, you can trust we will always have your best interests at heart.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).