About This Course
Does the human body fascinate you? Or have you ever wondered how the nervous, circulatory and digestive systems work? If the answer is yes, then our Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course may be the course for you.
Whether your interest stems from your desire to work in sports and physiotherapy, or you aspire to be a nurse or a medical professional; you can use this unique course to help you to get there.
From the comfort of your own home, you can:
- Explore the integumentary, reproductive and respiratory systems
- Learn everything that there is to know about the epidermis and its role in protecting your organs
- Discover how to identify and explain the 6 levels of structural organisations of the body
- Study and understand the locomotive system
- And much, much more…
Every element of this one year course is designed to test your knowledge and comprehension of the body, so you can achieve a solid foundation of understanding and reasoning.
So whether you dream of working alongside athletes, or you simply wish to use these skills to enhance your current training; by committing just 80 hours of your time to this home based course, you walk away 100% confident in your ability to identify, explain and apply your knowledge of the body’s systems within a number of practical settings.
All of our courses are uniquely designed for home study. This means you can easily mould our course to suit your current work commitments and achieve a healthy work-study balance that doesn’t leave you stressed.
At the same time, you can benefit from the flexibility of being able to pick and choose when, where and home you study, so you can learn at a pace that is right for you. Fast or slow, you can escape the pressure of deadlines and exams, and instead experience the freedom of stress free learning.
Split into 6 detailed units, each unit aims to enlighten and expand your existing knowledge of anatomy and physiology so you can gain real and transferrable skills that can easily be applied within a number of career fields.
Medical, surgical, care or therapy… this course can act as the perfect stepping stone to building your skillset as at every opportunity you will be given the chance to demonstrate your competency through in-depth and intuitive written assignments.
With this course you can:
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home – coursework can be submitted by post or by email
- Access instant support – help is only one click away
- Hassle free learning – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
Unit 1: Introduction to the Human Body
- Anatomical regions and planes
- Directional terminology
- Cell structure, function and division
- Types of tissue found in the body
Unit 2: Musculoskeletal and Nervous Systems
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Different muscle types in the body
- Actions of different muscles
- Structure and function of the nervous system
Unit 3: Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems
- Function and structure of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Function of blood in the body
- Process of gas exchange in internal and external respiration
- Function of the heart
Unit 4: Digestive and Endocrine
- Main structures and function of the digestive system
- How food is processed by the digestive system
- Main structures and function of the endocrine system
- Function of hormones in the body
Unit 5: Integumentary and Immune Systems
- Structure and function of the skin
- Structure and function of the nails and hair
- Main structures and function of the immune system
- How the lymphatic system fights pathogens
Unit 6: Renal and Reproductive Systems
- Key structures and functions of the male and female reproductive systems
- Journey of an egg from the ovary to fertilisation or menstruation
- Main structure and functions of the renal system
- The three stages of filtration in the kidneys
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments which are designed to test your knowledge and comprehension of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable tips and feedback that can be used to improve future grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
From the moment you register onto this one year course – alongside gaining access to our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources; you will also receive your very own personal tutor.
All of our personal tutors are experts in their field, and are readily at your disposal – at just a click of a button – to lend you their advice and industry knowledge as they guide you through your studies.
Our Student Support Team are similarly highly trained and are always on hand to lend you their support as they help you to decipher your course materials and work on your assignments. No matter the question, you can trust that our team are here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.