About This Course
Whether your passion lies in understanding the inner workings of the human body, or you are simply interested in pursuing a career in physiotherapy, medicine or within the health and fitness industry; this unique course bundle can provide you with all of the skills, tools and knowledge you’ll need to climb the career ladder.
Our Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 and Level 4 course bundle has been uniquely designed for online study, enabling you to learn about this fascinating subject on your own terms.
From the comfort of your own home, you can:
- Learn to identify and explain the 6 levels of structural organisations of the body
- Study the immune, digestive, lymphatic, endocrine and reproductive systems, and discover how they each work to assist your body
- Discover the function of organs, glands, tissues and cells, and their role in your survival
In just two years, you can delve into the world of anatomy and physiology and learn everything that there is to know about the body so you can achieve the job of your dreams.
And the best news is – you can achieve all of this in your own time AND at your own pace!
Our course is highly adaptable, meaning you can easily mould this course to work around your current work commitments and achieve a healthy work-study balance. There is no need to register into a college, as we’ll send all of your materials straight to your home or inbox.
By doing so, you can escape the pressure and the stress of the classroom, and can instead focus on studying at a pace that is right for you. Whether you prefer to study fast, slow, first thing in the morning or late at night; you can choose when, where and how you study, and can ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience.
Two courses packed into one enticing bundle – our Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 and 4 courses are the perfect tool for broadening your existing knowledge of the human body and all of its functions. With every unit you will achieve level of comprehension and competency that will easily translate into future roles.
Similarly, the use of written assignments will enable you to take these new skills and apply them within a more practical setting.
This course will:
- Increase your career opportunities within medicine, sports and physiotherapy
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Be able to learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home – all coursework can be submitted by post or by email
- Gain instant access to a full two years of student support and tutor guidance – help is only one click away
- Benefit from hassle free learning – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LEVEL 3
Unit 1: Introduction to the Human Body
- Anatomical regions and planes
- Directional terminology
- Cell structure, function and division
- Types of tissue found in the body
Unit 2: Musculoskeletal and Nervous Systems
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Different muscle types in the body
- Actions of different muscles
- Structure and function of the nervous system
Unit 3: Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems
- Function and structure of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Function of blood in the body
- Process of gas exchange in internal and external respiration
- Function of the heart
Unit 4: Digestive and Endocrine
- Main structures and function of the digestive system
- How food is processed by the digestive system
- Main structures and function of the endocrine system
- Function of hormones in the body
Unit 5: Integumentary and Immune Systems
- Structure and function of the skin
- Structure and function of the nails and hair
- Main structures and function of the immune system
- How the lymphatic system fights pathogens
Unit 6: Renal and Reproductive Systems
- Key structures and functions of the male and female reproductive systems
- Journey of an egg from the ovary to fertilisation or menstruation
- Main structure and functions of the renal system
- The three stages of filtration in the kidneys
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LEVEL 4
Unit 1: Introduction to Cells and Tissues
- Characteristics of life
- Basic chemistry
- Cell respiration
- Cell replication
- Transcription and translation
Unit 2: Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- The nervous system
- Types of nerve cell
- Action potential
- Synapses and neurotransmitters
- The central, peripheral and autonomic nerve system
- The endocrine system
- Pituitary hormones
- Endocrine glands, hormones and tissues
- The lymphatic system
- Lymph nodes
- Antibodies and vaccinations
Unit 3: Human Circulatory, Cardiac and Respiratory Systems
- The blood
- Erythrocyte production and breakdown
- Platelets and clotting
- Blood groups and antigens
- The cardiac system
- Ventricular systole
- Ventricular diastole
- The respiratory system
Unit 4: Nutrition, Digestion and Excretion
- The mouth and throat
- Small and large intestines
- Digestive enzymes
- Carbohydrates, lipids and proteins
- Vitamins and minerals
- The process of digestion
Unit 5: Reproduction and Genetics
- Reproduction research task
- Genetics and inheritance
- Haploid and diploid
- Inheritance and alleles
Unit 6: Skeletal and Muscular Systems
- Types of movement
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback to help improve your grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required for this course.
NNo previous knowledge or experience in anatomy and physiology is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 and 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of online and home based courses; from the moment you enrol we will go above and beyond to ensure you never feel alone or isolated in your studies.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to the expertise of our personal tutors; you can confidently contact our team and get all of your questions answered.
Our personal tutors are experts in their field and are readily available to help you get the most from this course. From deciphering your course materials to lending you their advice, guidance and expertise; they can inform your learning experience and help you to reach your true potential.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand to answer your queries or resolve any issues you may have. Accessible at just a click of the button, you can trust that we have your best interests at heart.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.