About This Course
Looking for a comprehensive and engaging course in Environmental Science that you can complete from the comfort of your own home? This online course covers all aspects of the living and physical environment, from conditions for life on Earth to conservation of biodiversity. You’ll learn about energy resources, including their impact on society and sustainability, as well as strategies for securing future energy supplies and implementing new energy conservation technologies. To prepare you for real-world environmental research, we also offer a section on research methods, including scientific methodologies, sampling techniques, specialist techniques, fieldwork, and laboratory activities.
Throughout this course, you’ll have opportunities for skills development and independent thinking, as well as access to standard environmental techniques. With our A Level Environmental Science program, you’ll gain a deep understanding of the living and physical environment, as well as the skills and knowledge you need to make an impact in the field of environmental science.
Split into 7 sections, A Level Environmental Science is a carefully designed course, laid out to ensure learners receive the most comprehensive knowledge possible in order to be prepared for their exams. Students who complete our A Level Environmental Science can go on to study environmental science, microbiology, ecology, geography, conservation, law, biology and chemistry at degree level. This course is also excellent as a standalone qualification that can help achieve employment in a number of science-related fields.
With this course you will:
- Gain up to 56 UCAS points which can be used to secure your dream university spot.
- Be encouraged to challenge your mind, and expand your knowledge in the field of environmental science.
- Be able to study on your own terms, in your own time, and from the comfort of your own home.
Unit 1: The Living Environment
- Conditions for Life on Earth
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Life Processes in the Biosphere and Conservation Planning
- Opportunities for Skills Development and Independent Thinking
Unit 2: The Physical Environment
- The Hydrosphere
- Mineral Resources
- Biogeochemical Cycles
Unit 3: Energy Resources
- The Importance of Energy Supplies in the Development of Society
- The Impact of the Features of Energy Resources
- The Sustainability of Current Energy Resource Exploitation
- Strategies to Secure Future Energy Supplies
- New Energy Conservation Technologies
Unit 4: Pollution
- The Properties of Pollutants
- Strategies to Control Pollutants
- Ionising Radiation
- Solid Wastes
- Heavy Metals
- Acid Mine Drainage
- Nutrient Pollution
Unit 5: Biological Resources
- Sustainability of Agriculture
- Aquatic Food Production Systems
- Forest Resources
Unit 6: Sustainability
- Dynamic Equilibria
- Material Cycles
- The Circular Economy
Unit 7: Research Methods
- Scientific Methodologies
- Sampling Techniques
- Specialist Techniques
- Fieldwork and Laboratory Activities
- Standard Environmental Techniques
Throughout the course, you will be tasked with self-assessment exercises, mock exams, and tutor-marked study questions. These are designed to test your understanding and make sure you’re comfortable with the material.
To achieve this full qualification you will need to take 2 external written examinations which will thoroughly test your knowledge of the course syllabus and your understanding of environmental science and its various theories. Dates and structure for these exams are available on the AQA website, and you will need to book onto these yourself. These exams also come with a fee separate from the cost of this course.
There are no entry requirements for this course. All we encourage is an interest in environmental science!
Upon completion of this A Level course you will receive an A Level in Environmental Science issued by the AQA.
We understand that embarking on a new educational journey can feel daunting. But don’t worry, we are committed to providing you with all the support you need to succeed.
Our comprehensive study guides and course materials are designed to make learning as engaging and accessible as possible. Plus, our team of personal tutors and support staff are always on hand to offer valuable advice, guidance and instruction, whenever you need it.
We also know that learning can be a challenging process, which is why we provide a range of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked study questions. These tools are designed to help you understand and consolidate your learning, and our tutors will work tirelessly to guide and mentor you towards success.
We believe that no student should feel alone in their studies, and our team is dedicated to providing you with the support you need to reach your full potential. So, whether you have a quick question or require more detailed guidance, rest assured that our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).