About This Course
Whether you are an employer looking to help their team tackle everyday stresses, or you simply wish to learn more about the best techniques for combating stress; then our Stress Management in the Workplace Level 3 course can help.
This unique course has been purposefully designed for home study, meaning no matter your circumstances you can easily integrate this course into your day to day activities and add an incredible qualification to your CV.
From learning how to recognise stress within yourself and others, to developing techniques for dealing with stress in the workplace; from the comfort of your own home you can discover how managers and organisations manage to minimise stress and use it within your own life choices.
All it takes is just 80 hours of your time, and at a pace, time and location of your choosing, you can absorb this theoretical knowledge and make a positive difference to the lives of those around you.
And this is fantastic news if work obligations are preventing you from getting back into education as there is no need to attend classes. Instead, all of your course materials will be sent straight to your home (by mail or by email), enabling you to achieve a healthy work-study balance.
By being able to recognise the common triggers of workplace stress; its effect on individuals and how to reduce it; the techniques you can take away from this course can make a real difference to your workplace environment.
This course can provide you with real and transferable skills; skills that you’ll be able to demonstrate in the workplace and in your own practices. At the same time, this course will supply you with a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge on stress management, techniques and treatments.
This course will:
- Give you the flexibility to study on your own terms – no exams, no classrooms, no strict deadlines…
- Help you to combat stress; improve your workplace environment, and recognise signs of stress before they are able to take hold.
- Enable you to study from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace and fit it around your work obligations.
- Provide you with everything you need – all course materials will be sent straight to your home.
Module 1: Stress in the workplace: what causes it and what it does to people
- Explain what causes stress in the workplace
- Define the relationship between pressure and stress in the workplace
- Understand the various ways workplace stress affects people
- Identify and differentiate between common stressors and stressors that affect only some people
Module 2: How stress affects different people in different ways
- Define differences in people’s personalities
- Explain how workplace stress affects different people in different ways
- Demonstrate how different people change their behaviour when experiencing increasing levels of stress
- Describe the relationships between values, character, organisational culture and stress in the workplace
Module 3: Learning how to deal with your own stress
- Identify tactics for dealing with stress in the workplace as it happens
- Plan how to develop oneself to reduce the likelihood of experiencing stress in the workplace
- Understand how emotional intelligence helps reduce stress in the workplace
- Identify and deal with any factors in his or her job role that may lead to stress
Module 4: Workplace relationships and how to make them less stressful
- Define and explain the links between workplace stress, conflict and organisational politics
- Make use of a range of conflict-handling methods
- Understand the relationship between workplace stress and his or her leadership style and capabilities
- Maximise the potential benefits of positive relationships in the workplace
Module 5: Managing stress – the role of the manager
- Understand why managers need to get to know employees as individuals so that they can work together to minimise the potential for stress in the workplace
- Set appropriate behavioural expectations that will minimise stress amongst employees
- Give effective feedback that reduces the possibility of employee stress due to uncertainty
- Find ways of tapping into employees’ own motivations to maximise job satisfaction, thereby reducing stress
Module 6: Stress and the organisation – responsibilities and strategies for dealing with workplace stress
- Describe the responsibilities organisations have towards their employees with regard to minimising stress in the workplace
- Explain the links between an organisation’s values and stress management in the workplace
- Explain how training and development can help reduce stress in the workplace
- Promote the benefits to organisations of ensuring that workplace stress is kept to the absolute minimum
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your tutor for marking, whereupon you will be provided with valuable advice and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience in stress management is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We may be a home course provider; however, that doesn’t mean you ever have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. From our comprehensive study guides and course materials, to the continuous support of our personal tutors and student support team; from the moment you enrol onto this course you can trust that we’ll always be there to support you.
Our personal tutors are industry experts, meaning you can readily harness their advice and experience and use it to help guide, instruct and maximise your learning potential. Our student support team are similarly always on hand to lend you their advice, or help you to decipher the course materials. Only one click away, you’ll never have to wait long to get the answers you seek.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.