About This Course
If you are passionate about working with children and helping them to prepare for school life, then our Early Years Level 4 course can help you to acquire all the knowledge, the skills and the insights you need to make this happen.
This impressive course takes into account the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum framework (which has been compulsory in childcare settings since 2008), so you can easily support, guide and manage all aspects of a child’s (birth to 5 years) learning and educational development, and enable them to flourish and grow.
This distance learning course is especially helpful if you are considering setting up your own childcare business, or want to progress towards a supervisory or management level position within Early Years; as it covers everything you could possibly need to create a healthy and safe learning environment.
From incorporating child-centred approaches into your work, to understanding the importance of child welfare, safety and communication; you can ensure that the children you care for are surrounded by a positive and enabling environment.
Our Early Years Level 4 course has been exclusively designed for home study, enabling you to study when, where and how you want free of deadlines, stress and classrooms. Instead, you can study from the comfort of your own home, and easily mould this course to fit around your current obligations.
Comprised of 6 detailed units, this course takes just 80 hours to complete, making it the ideal choice if you are looking to supplement your qualifications or build on your learning and comprehension.
With every written assignment you complete, not only will you be able to build on your theoretical knowledge and understanding; you’ll also be able to take these transferrable skills and apply them within a practical, working environment.
This course will:
- Challenge your perceptions of Early Years development and childcare.
- Kick start your career – providing stepping stones for your career advancement.
- Enable you to study on your own terms; at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
- Offer you a convenient way to study – free of stress and deadlines.
- Supply you with all the resources, advice and course materials you could ever need – at a click of a button.
- Develop your comprehension, competency and knowledge of this highly rewarding niche.
Unit 1: The Importance of the Early Years and Adopting a Child-Centred Approach
- Legal Requirements for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- The Importance of Addressing Discrimination
- Inclusive Practice in the Early Years
- Benefits of a Child Centred Approach
- How Practitioners Create a Personalised Approach
- Removing Barriers to Communication
- Multi-Agency Teams and Child-Centred Environments
- Supporting Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Unit 2: Supporting Children and Families in Creating and Enabling Environment
- Characteristics and Principles of an Enabling Environment
- Emotional Development and Enabling Environments
- Features of a Positive Environment for Children and Families
- Planning Stimulating, Interesting and Appropriate Indoor and Outdoor
- The indoor and outdoor environments
- Engaging with families to encourage their involvement in children’s learning
- The Role of the Early Years Practitioner
Unit 3: The Importance of Good Communication
- Principles of Good Communication
- How to Develop Communication Skills
- Communication Methodology
- Developing Effective Listening Skills
- Types of communication in early years settings
- The Importance of Communication Between Early Years Provision and Home
- Barriers to Communication
- Positive Relationships in the Early Years
- SEN Children and Communication Support
Unit 4: Education in the Early Years
- Implementing Learning and Development in the Early Years
- The Seven Areas of Education
- Theoretical Perspectives on Children’s Learning and Development
- How Theoretical Perspectives have influenced current early years practice
- Assessing Progress in the Early Years
- The benefits of a multi-agency approach to learning and development
- Curriculum Planning
Unit 5: A Safe Environment to Learn
- Policies and Procedures
- Role of the Early Years Practitioner
- The Importance of Staff Training
- Reducing Risk
- Health and Safety Policies in an Early Years Setting
- Essential Information for Early Years Providers
- Childhood Illnesses
Unit 6: Leadership in The Early Years
- Effective Communication Skills
- The Role of the Early Years Leader
- Monitoring and Supporting Team Performance
- Conflict Resolution and Effective Leadership
- Personal Development
- Journaling and Documenting
- Feedback from Teaching Staff
This course will be assessed using a series of written assignments which will test your knowledge of the course materials provided. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereby they will then supply you with valuable feedback and tips which can be used to raise your grades.
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills are needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in the childcare profession.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the moment you enrol onto this 1 year course you will be provided with all the course materials and support you could ever need. We take pride in helping our students. That is why, alongside our comprehensive study guides and course packs, all of our students receive their very own personal tutor.
Our tutors are comprised of leading industry experts, whose knowledge and experience can be harnessed to raise your grades and ensure your success. From answering your questions, to supplying you with valuable feedback on your assignments; our tutors are always on hand to lend you their guidance.
Similarly, our student support team are only one click away, ensuring you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.