About This Course
If you are passionate about working with children and helping them to prepare for school life, then our Early Years Level 4 course can help you to acquire all the knowledge, the skills and the insights you need to make this happen.
This impressive course takes into account the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum framework (which has been compulsory in childcare settings since 2008), so you can easily support, guide and manage all aspects of a child’s (birth to 5 years) learning and educational development, and enable them to flourish and grow.
This distance learning course is especially helpful if you are considering setting up your own childcare business, or want to progress towards a supervisory or management level position within Early Years; as it covers everything you could possibly need to create a healthy and safe learning environment.
From incorporating child-centred approaches into your work, to understanding the importance of child welfare, safety and communication; you can ensure that the children you care for are surrounded by a positive and enabling environment.
Our Early Years Level 4 course has been exclusively designed for home study, enabling you to study when, where and how you want free of deadlines, stress and classrooms. Instead, you can study from the comfort of your own home, and easily mould this course to fit around your current obligations.
Comprised of 6 detailed units, this course takes just 80 hours to complete, making it the ideal choice if you are looking to supplement your qualifications or build on your learning and comprehension.
With every written assignment you complete, not only will you be able to build on your theoretical knowledge and understanding; you’ll also be able to take these transferrable skills and apply them within a practical, working environment.
This course will:
- Challenge your perceptions of Early Years development and childcare.
- Kick start your career – providing stepping stones for your career advancement.
- Enable you to study on your own terms; at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
- Offer you a convenient way to study – free of stress and deadlines.
- Supply you with all the resources, advice and course materials you could ever need – at a click of a button.
- Develop your comprehension, competency and knowledge of this highly rewarding niche.
- Unit 1: A child-centred approach in the early years
- Current legal requirements for equality, diversity and inclusion
- How to implement inclusive practice within the Early Years
- The benefits of a child-centred approach for children in the Early Years
- How practitioners can create a personalised approach to learning
- Unit 2: An enabling environment for children and families
- Relevant legislation, policies and procedures in creating an Early Years environment
- The features of a positive environment for children and their families
- How to plan and organise stimulating, interesting and appropriate indoor and outdoor environments
- How you can engage with families to encourage their involvement with children’s learning and development
- Unit 3: Communication and positive relationships within the early years
- The benefits of positive relationships within the Early Years setting
- How principles of effective communication can enable positive relationships to be developed
- Factors which may present barriers to communication and how these can be overcome
- The legal requirements in place that cover confidentiality of information and Data protection
- Unit 4: Early education for children
- How each area of learning and development can be implemented within the Early Years setting in line with statutory requirements
- Theoretical perspectives on children’s learning and development
- How these have influenced current Early Years practice
- How children’s progress can be assessed in relation to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
- The benefits of a multi-agency approach to learning and development
- Unit 5: Health, safety and well-being of children in the early years
- Current legislation, policies and procedures that promote the health, safety and well-being of children and adults within the Early Years setting
- The factors that contribute to a safe and secure environment for young children
- The roles and responsibilities of all staff members within the Early Years setting in promoting health, safety and well-being
- The systems that can be developed to monitor the effectiveness of health, safety and well-being in the Early Years environment
- Unit 6: Leadership in the early years
- How leadership can contribute to an effective Early Years environment
- Monitor and support team performance
- Conflicts and disagreements can be managed effectively
- The importance of continuing own professional development for the benefit of the individual staff member and the team as a whole
This course will be assessed using a series of written assignments which will test your knowledge of the course materials provided. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereby they will then supply you with valuable feedback and tips which can be used to raise your grades.
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills are needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in the childcare profession.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) in Early Years Level 4. This course is endorsed by TQUK, meaning they have undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and their courses – meet a high standard.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification; however, you may use it as evidence of your knowledge and skills in future regulated qualifications. In addition, you may use the unit summary as evidence of ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ should you choose to progress your studies within this field.
From the moment you enrol onto this 1 year course you will be provided with all the course materials and support you could ever need. We take pride in helping our students. That is why, alongside our comprehensive study guides and course packs, all of our students receive their very own personal tutor.
Our tutors are comprised of leading industry experts, whose knowledge and experience can be harnessed to raise your grades and ensure your success. From answering your questions, to supplying you with valuable feedback on your assignments; our tutors are always on hand to lend you their guidance.
Similarly, our student support team are only one click away, ensuring you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.