What if, after all of the hours of studying, the pain of the exams, and the agonising wait for results,...
Business Operations & Lean Management Level 3
Do you dream of starting your own business; being your own boss and bringing your entrepreneurial ambitions to life, but struggle to know where to start or how to make your ideas a reality? You are not alone. Fortunately, our Starting Your Own Business Level 3 course, can provide you with everything you need to get started. This impressive course has been exclusively designed for home study.
Business Operations & Lean Management Level 3
Flexible study options
Choose a study format
Choose a way to pay
About Our Course
Looking to climb the career ladder and prove that you have got what it takes to manage an organisation? Our Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3 course can provide you with the skills, the knowledge and the resources to make this dream a reality.
In just one year, you can achieve a thorough understanding of the key practices and principles of Operations Management, as well as:
- An awareness of the importance of connecting other aspects of the business (HR and marketing) with your operations
- An appreciation of value chains, services and product design
- The resources to effectively manage people and help your business to succeed in the modern world
And all it takes in just 80 hours of your time!
80 hours that you can easily spread across the year, so you experience minimal impact to your work, social or family obligations.
All of our courses are designed for home study. This means, unlike the average course that requires attendance at an educational establishment; you can enrol onto one of our courses and gain the qualifications you want, without ever having to enter a classroom.
And this is fantastic news if work commitments are currently preventing you from getting back into education, as from the comfort of your own home, you can achieve a healthy work-study balance that doesn’t leave you feeling stretched or overwhelmed.
Instead, thanks to the flexibility of this course, you can learn at a time, pace and location of your choosing, and do so on your own terms.
No matter your study preferences, you can confidently explore this course, manage your time and benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn. So what are you waiting for?
Split into 6 informative units, every element of this course aims to strengthen your knowledge and comprehension of business operations, so you can take your organisation to new heights.
By recognising the impact good operations management can have on an organisations effectiveness, you will be better equipped to engage with suppliers; lead your team and raise your business profile.
With this course you’ll:
- Be able to learn at a time, pace and location of your choosing – we will send all of your course materials straight to your door or inbox
- Be able to achieve a healthy-work study balance with minimal impact to your work, family or social obligations
- Be able to demonstrate your comprehension of business operations and the need for effective leadership and management
- Boost your qualifications and credentials, making it easier for you to climb the career ladder and get the promotions you want
- Have access to an instant support network – you can take advantage of our personal tutors and Student Support Team at a click of a button
Unit 1: How Operations Management Became Critical to Business Success
- Explain the role of Operations Management within various different kinds of organisation
- Describe how Operations Management has become crucial to organisations’ success in the modern world
- Demonstrate how the concept of the value chain applies to a variety of different kinds of organisation
- Give examples of the impact good operations management can have on organisational effectiveness
Unit 2: People and Operations
- Justify why the role of the Operations Manager is fundamentally changing
- Explain why effectively managing people is crucial to operations management
- Explain how teams can enhance the operations function
Unit 3: Products and Services
- Explain the relationship between marketing and operations
- Justify the need for flexible approaches to product and service design
- Describe key principles in product and service design
- Define and utilise the concept of value analysis
Unit 4: Operational Processes in Context
- Explain the relationships between value chains, supply chains and logistics
- Demonstrate best practice in selecting and working with suppliers and providers
- Describe the options available in designing processes
- Explain the importance of controlling the value chain
Unit 5: Efficiency and Effectiveness in Operations
- Describe how operations managers can assess the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations
- Explain how best practice organisations manage their operations
- Identify a range of cost-reducing methods that can be applied to operations
- Define and explain lean synchronisation
Unit 6: Quality, Improvements and Change
- Define what quality means and how to measure it
- Explain operational risk and how to manage it
- Demonstrate how Operations Managers deal most effectively with the complexity of modern organisations
- Explain why and how organisations adopt a continuous improvement approach to operations
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the course materials. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor, whereupon they will provide you with a mark and valuable feedback.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge, experience or skills in business operations is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). QLS endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard.
The learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of online and distance learning courses; at no point on your learning journey will you ever have to feel alone or isolated in your studies. Instead, we strive to provide all of our students with a strong support network, where you can readily reach out to our team and get the answers you seek when you need them.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to our personal tutors; from the moment you enrol, you will be able to harness the advice of individuals who have spent years honing their skills within this niche.
All of our personal tutors are experts in their field, meaning the tips they provide can help to nurture, encourage and expand your learning. Similarly, they can readily help you to decipher our course materials, so you can reach your true potential.
Our highly trained Student Support Team are also always on hand to answer your questions. Only one click away, they will work quickly to eliminate your concerns; raise your subject knowledge and provide you with outstanding guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 12 months to complete your course, however you can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase