About This Course
Do you dream of opening your own beauty salon or creating an empire of shops? Our Beauty Salon Management & Starting Your Own Business Level 3 course bundle can provide you with the perfect balance of knowledge and skills, that you can make your dreams of managing a business a reality.
From understanding how to create a business plan, conduct market research and take care of your accounts, to exploring profit and loss accounts (and how to manage them); in just 160 hours of study you will feel confident in your ability to shortlist, interview and build the right team, whilst implementing effective marketing strategies.
This home based course truly covers all of the bases, but more importantly makes the process of learning how to start your own business even easier, as it allows you to fit your studies around your current work commitments AS WELL AS complete them from the comfort of your own home!
In fact, thanks to easy adaptability and flexibility of this course, you will be able to control when, where and how you learn, and do so at a pace that is right for you.
And this is fantastic news if work, family or social obligations are preventing you from getting back into the classroom, as this course makes it possible for you to learn everything that there is to know about the legislation surrounding starting a business, as well as how to deal with competitors.
Launching your own business can be a daunting experience; however by adding this course bundle to your arsenal you can feel more confident in your ability to make this happen.
With a total of 12 units to complete, by the end of this two year course you will walk away with a foundation of knowledge that is certain to give you a competitive edge.
More importantly, by undertaking each of the written assignments, you will be given the opportunity to translate these new found skills into potential scenarios and get a realistic taste of what you may face in the business world.
With this course, you will:
- Achieve a level of competency and comprehension that will enable you to efficiently manage a beauty salon, achieve success and turn a profit
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance that doesn’t leave you feeling stressed out or fatigued
- Be able to learn on your own terms, at own pace and from the comfort of your own home – all course materials are accessible online or by paper
- Benefit from a stress-free convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines, no classrooms – you can control your rate of learning
- Receive instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team for the entire 12 months of your course – only one click away, help will always be at hand
- Broaden your knowledge and understanding on what is needed to start a business
Beauty Salon Management Level 3:
Unit 1: Your Idea, Your Planning, Your Business
- The business plan
- Phone numbers
- Websites and email
- Profit and loss accounts
- Market research
- Business objective
- Mission statement
- Further knowledge and legislation
Unit 2: Recruitment
- The process of recruitment
- Equal opportunities
- Job advertisements
- Making the job offer
- Employee rights
Unit 3: Salon Housekeeping
- Health and safety
- Salon cleanliness
Unit 4: Your Customers and Their Care
- Trust and confidentiality
- A client’s visit – step-by-step
Unit 5: Financial Management
- Income and expenditure
- The cash register
- Petty cash
- Cheque books
Unit 6: Marketing Your Dream
- Different styles of promotional material
- Promoting the salon to potential markets
- Consumer and market research
- Customer questionnaires
Starting Your Own Business Level 3:
Unit 1: Preparing to Start Your Business
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
Unit 2: Defining Your Business
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
Unit 3: Marketing
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
Unit 4: Customers
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
Unit 5: Finance
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
Unit 6: Your Business Plan
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be submitted for marking to your personal tutor, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback on how to improve your grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for budding entrepreneurs looking to launch their own salon.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We believe in providing our students with the highest level of support. That is why alongside providing you with comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources; you will also receive your very own personal tutor, who at a click of a button will always be on hand to answer your queries, questions or concerns.
All of our personal tutors are experts in their field, meaning you can readily contact them – at any time of the day – and trust that the advice they give is based on years of industry knowledge and experience. From deciphering your course materials, to lending you guidance on the best approaches to completing your written assignment; whatever the question, help is only one click away.
Our student support team can similarly help to advance your studies and ensure you get the most out of your learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).