About This Course
Legal, ethical, commercial, agricultural, conservational… with this online course you can achieve maximum coverage on all welfare topics, as well as be given the freedom to learn more about your particular areas of interest.
Want to learn more about marine life, habitats and animal behaviour? This course covers all the bases. Want to know more about ethical farming and how to get involved in the protection of wild elephants? Our course can provide you with the stepping stones to sourcing this information.
In fact, by the end of this one year course you will walk away fully enlightened on all aspects of Animal Welfare, and will be able to actively take this theoretical knowledge and apply it to your work.
And all it takes is just 120 hours of your time! 120 hours that you can easily mould around your current work commitments, without ever having to sacrifice on your other wants and needs.
We purposefully design our courses to give you the freedom to learn on your own terms, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home. By doing so, you can take solace in the knowledge that you’ll still be able to meet your job obligations; be there for your family AND still get a chance to explore a subject you love.
There are no classes involved. Instead, by making our courses accessible online, you can adapt our courses to suit your study preferences, and essentially study when, where and however you want.
Prefer to learn slowly? You can learn as fast or as slow as you want! A bit of a nocturnal learner? You can complete this course on your own timetable.
The way you choose to learn is yours to control.
Comprised of 6 detailed units, every element of this course seeks to develop, expand and broaden your awareness of legislative acts; codes of practice and animal rights, so you can positively contribute to the welfare, care and protections of animals.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Allow you to learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your home
- Encourage a healthy work-study balance
- Help you to improve your existing theoretical knowledge on animal welfare
- Give you instant access to your own personal tutor and the assistance of our Student Support team – help is only one click away
- Provide you with the chance to experience hassle free learning – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
- Broaden your career prospects
Unit 1: Introduction to Animal Health and Welfare
- Animal welfare laws including The Welfare Act (2006)
- Approaches to farming and their impact on animal welfare
- Promoting good health in animals, and identifying the signs of ill health
- Key illnesses and diseases that affect animals
Unit 2: Animal Feeding and Nutrition
- Feeding behaviours
- Food selection
- The physiology of feeding
- Evolution of feeding
Unit 3: Animal Breeds and Grooming
- What is the purpose of grooming?
- How To Groom a Long Haired Dog
- Examples of Long Haired Dogs
- Medium and Short Haired Dogs
- Cats Breeds and Grooming
- Rabbit Breeds and Grooming
- Different Breeds of Horse
- General Grooming for All Horse Breeds
- Breeds and Grooming of Farm Livestock Animals
Unit 4: Farm Animal Welfare
- Overview of animal welfare
- What is farm animal welfare?
- Specific welfare considerations for farm animals
- What UK laws say about farm animal welfare
- How organisations are working to improve animal welfare
- Impacts of farm animal welfare on society
Unit 5: Wildlife and Marine Welfare
- What is marine animal welfare?
- Specific welfare considerations for marine animals
- What UK laws say about marine animal welfare
- How organisations are working to improve marine animal welfare
- What is wildlife welfare?
- Specific welfare considerations for wildlife
- What UK laws say about wildlife welfare
- How organisations are working to improve wildlife welfare
Unit 6: Legislation and Animal Rights
- What is animal rights?
- The history of the animal rights movement
- Animal Welfare Act 2006
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials contained in each unit. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with helpful advice and tips on how to improve your grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience in animal welfare is needed in order to enrol onto this course. .
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We take pride in our ability to support the learning endeavours of our students. That is why alongside our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, you will also receive your very own personal tutor who can help to inform, guide and mentor your studies.
No question is too big or too small. Instead you can take full advantage of their industry knowledge and utilise their experiences to help maximise your learning potential.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand to help learners navigate our syllabus; decipher our course materials and achieve the best results – as their advice is only one click away.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).