What if, after all of the hours of studying, the pain of the exams, and the agonising wait for results,...
Animal Care and Animal Behaviour
There is no need to register at a college or enter into a classroom, as our Animal Care (Level 2) and Animal Behaviour (Level 3) course has been exclusively designed for home study.
Animal Care and Animal Behaviour
Flexible study options
Choose a study format
Choose a way to pay
About This Course
This enticing course bundle is a fantastic choice for animal lovers considering a career within this field, as it can provide you with the skills, the knowledge and the insight to enter into a number of different roles.
Animal behaviourist, zookeeper, pet trainer… you can even utilise this course to build a career within wildlife conservation – the opportunities are endless.
And all it takes is just approximately 160 hours of your time! 160 hours of study that can easily be spread across two years, whilst still enabling you to fulfil your current work commitments.
There is no need to register at a college or enter into a classroom, as our Animal Care (Level 2) and Animal Behaviour (Level 3) course has been exclusively designed for home study. This means you can confidently enrol onto this course; learn on your own terms, and achieve a healthy work-study balance that doesn’t leave you feeling stressed or fatigued.
The choice is yours!
Fast, slow, first thing in the morning or late at night… no matter your study preferences, you can control your rate of learning, and instead can benefit from the flexibility of being able to mould this course to suit your needs.
Please Note: These courses can be studied separately; however, by enrolling onto this course bundle you will receive a considerable discount.
With a full two years available to complete this course; by the end you will walk away with a foundation of knowledge that is certain to make a difference to your career opportunities.
This course covers everything!
From understanding the intricacies of animal behaviour, mating systems and the impact of domestication, to the moral and legal requirements that come with caring for animals; with the help of our written assignments you’ll be able to take this newly acquired knowledge and transfer it into a practical setting.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your home
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
- Benefit from hassle free learning – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
- Broaden your career prospects
Animal Care Level 2
Unit 1: Maintain Animal Health and Welfare
- The Role of the Vet
- Intensive Farming
- Free Range Farming
- Illness and Disease in Animals
Unit 2: Animal Nutrition and Feeding
- Feeding Types
- Key Parts of the Animal Diet
- Feeding Behaviours
Unit 3: Principles of Animal Biology
- Grouping and Classifying Animals
- The Biology of the Animal Body
Unit 4: Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Why do humans want to learn about animal behaviour?
- What Influences Animal Behaviour
- Common Typical Animal Behaviours
- Safety Guidance for Handling Animals
Unit 5: Animal Breeds and Grooming
- The purpose of grooming
- Tips & Equipment for Grooming
- Grooming for Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, Horses & Livestock
Unit 6: Animal Accommodation
- Aims of Animal Accommodation
- Considerations when providing boarding accommodation
- Disposing of Animal Waste
- Designing and Managing Home Environments
- Housing and Managing Exotic Pets
- Housing and Managing Farm Livestock
Animal Behaviour Level 3
Unit 1: Introduction to Animal Behaviour
- What is ethology?
- What is animal behaviour?
- Tinbergen’s four questions
- Internal or external stimuli
- Innate or learned
- Physiological causes
Unit 2: Animal Feeding and Nutrition
- What are feeding behaviours?
- The physiology of feeding
- Evolution of feeding
- Key feeding behaviours
Unit 3: Animal Communication
- What is communication?
- Why do animals communicate?
- How do animals communicate?
- Sub-types of signalling
Unit 4: Mating and Parenting
- Mating systems
- The stages of mating
Unit 5: Domestication
- What is domestication?
- History of domestication
- Wild versus domesticated animals
- Reasons for domestication
- Suitability of animals for domestication
- The process of domestication
- Evolution and domestication
Unit 6: Animal Education
- Classical conditioning
- Operant conditioning
- Problem solving
- Insight learning
- Spatial learning
- Observational learning
- Learning through play
This course bundle is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the materials taught on the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon you will receive valuable advice and feedback on how to improve your grades.
Please Note: No external examinations are required for this course.
No previous knowledge, skills or experience in animal care and animal behaviour is needed in order to enrol onto this course; making it ideal for those interested in exploring a career within this niche.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We take pride in our ability to support the learning endeavours of our students. That is why alongside our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, when you enrol onto this diploma you will also receive your very own personal tutor.
All of our tutors are experts in their field, and are readily available to lend you their knowledge, guidance and expertise as you navigate this field. Only one click away, you can instantly contact them with your questions and get the answers you seek when you need them.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand to lend you their support should you ever need help deciphering your course materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 12 months to complete your course, however you can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase
You may also like
over 10 months and £49.50 deposit
over 10 months and £41.50 deposit
over 10 months and £40.00 deposit
over 10 months and £45.00 deposit