About This Course
Sports nutrition, eating disorders, cravings… whether you are fascinated with digestion and the way the digestive system works or simply want to know more about weight management; our Advanced Nutrition and Health Level 3 Course can help to ‘feed’ your natural curiosity and develop your understanding.
Our course is uniquely designed to help broaden your understanding of nutrition, so you can explore the fundamentals of digestion; the food combining system and nutritional supplements, and determine their role in your dietary choices.
In turn, you will learn more about eating disorders and obesity so you can lend nutritional support and advice in the workplace. By understanding the common triggers of eating disorders and the role carbohydrates, proteins and fats play in relation to exercise, you can take this theoretical knowledge and create weight loss plans that will naturally improve the dietary habits of yourselves and your clients.
This Advanced course is especially helpful to those seeking a career in sports nutrition, as the skills you’ll acquire on this course can be used to provide a basis for advanced practice or study.
Split into 6 concise units, each are designed to delve into different elements of health, nutrition and well-being so by the end of the course, you’ll be able to apply your theoretical knowledge in both a personal and professional capacity.
Beyond testing your competency and understanding; this course can complement your existing practical work and can enable you to take your first steps towards a rewarding and satisfying career within sports or a dietary management role.
This course will:
- Challenge your understanding of biology, food groups and dietary habits.
- Broaden your responsibilities within the workplace enabling you to devise personalised weight management and dietary plans.
- Cover all elements of the digestive process.
- Eliminate negative associations of foods and instead enable you to develop a thorough knowledge of food combinations, cravings and how best to take care of your body.
Applied personally or at work, the skills learned on this course can make a tremendous difference to the health and lives of those around you.
- Unit 1: The Digestive System – the organs responsible and their role in digestion; the digestive process, and compatible and incompatible food combinations.
- Unit 2: Food Combining – its definition; definitions commonly associated with food combining; the food combining system, and compatible and incompatible food combinations.
- Unit 3: Cravings and Habits – why cravings are not always negative; how bad habits affect health and diet, and model for change.
- Unit 4: Supplementation – common cravings; how cravings are not always negative, and the risks of using supplements.
- Unit 5: Weight Management – obesity (and its categories); eating disorders; principles of weight loss, and creating a weight loss plan.
- Unit 6: Sports Nutrition – good hydration; role of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in sports nutrition; characteristics of good nutrition pre, during and after exercise, and how advertising can be misleading.
This course can take up to 12 months to complete; however, you can study at a pace and time of your choosing. This is perfect for those with prior work commitments as our course can easily be adapted to suit your lifestyle needs.
No examinations are required. Instead you are expected to complete a series of written assignments which are designed to test your course knowledge, competency and ability to apply them to practical scenarios. These will then be assessed by your personal tutor, who can provide feedback and reflection on your answers.
NOTE: you will need to perform your own research during your studies.
No prior knowledge, training or experience is required in order to enrol onto this course. However, a sound knowledge of nutrition can help.
Similarly, undertaking introductory courses in Level 3 Nutrition Consultancy and Nutrition and Health Level 2 can boost your learning experience and hasten the absorption of our course information.
By the end of this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
This Advanced Nutrition and Health Level 3 course has been designed by Open Study College and is endorsed under the ABC Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means this course has undergone quality checks to ensure it meets high standards.
Completing this course alone will not be enough to get an Ofqual regulated qualification; however, it can be used as evidence of knowledge and skills which can be used in other regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards are a national awarding organisation that are experienced in the development of high quality vocational qualifications across a range of industries. They also have over 650 Ofqual regulated qualifications on the QCF framework.
Adaptable and flexible, this course is an easy and convenient way to strengthen your CV and develop your knowledge of nutrition and health. From the moment you enrol, you’ll receive a course manual, your assignments and a comprehensive study guide that can be emailed or mailed to your home.
Alongside your course materials, you’ll also receive your very own personal tutor – who can provide you with endless support no matter the time of day – as well as assistance from our student support team.
No matter your questions, queries or concerns both can support you throughout the duration of this 12-month course, and will always be on hand to ensure that you never feel stressed or isolated in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by TQUK an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.