About This Course
In just 1 year – and 80 hours of study – you can discover why tourism is one of the largest and most important industries in the UK, as well as gain a glimpse into the various roles managers within tourism can undertake. Airports, airlines, transport companies, travel agencies, hotels, visitor attractions, sports, recreation, large venues and stadiums… you can dip your feet into a range of careers and build an impressive work portfolio.
The fact that you will walk away with valuable management and marketing skills – as well as a detailed picture and history of the tourism industry – will make you a respected and cherished member of any business. Your work options will be endless…
And the fantastic news is – you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home.
Our Tourism Management Level 3 course has been exclusively designed for distance learning, meaning you can enrol onto this course and complete it at a time, pace and location of your choosing. There is no need to attend any classes, as all of your course materials will be sent straight to your home!
Split into 6 units, every element of this course is designed to expand your knowledge and understanding of Tourism, so you can confidently lead a team and ensure maximum satisfaction for customers.
From planning for tourism, to understanding customer transport; you will be able to take the skills you’ll have gained from this course and use them to effectively manage tourist attractions, develop strategies and manage teams of all shapes, sizes and strengths.
This course will:
- Develop your knowledge and comprehension of management; their responsibilities and marketing techniques.
- Allow you to study on your own terms – no classes, no examinations, no strict deadlines – you can learn at a pace that is right for you.
- Help you achieve a healthy work-study balance – you can mould your studies to fit around your current work obligations.
- Give you a full year to complete your studies from the comfort of your own home – taking on average 80 hours to complete, you’ll have plenty of time to learn and absorb the syllabus.
Unit 1: Introduction to the Tourism Industry
- What is tourism?
- History of tourism
- Mass tourism
- Threats to tourism
- Tourism trends
Unit 2: Planning for Tourism
- Tourism and the UK economy
- Public sector
- Regional development agencies
- Local government
- Feasibility studies
Unit 3: Passenger Transport
- Cruise ships
- Passenger ferries
- Air transport
- Types of airlines
- Airline infrastructure
- Environmental impacts of airlines
Unit 4: Responsible Tourism
- What is responsible tourism?
- Types of responsible tourism
- The impacts of tourism
- Tourism development planning
Unit 5: The Management of Visitor Attractions
- The importance of visitor attractions
- Types of visitor attractions
- What makes a visitor attraction appealing?
- Visitor satisfaction
- Types of visits
- Design and technology
- Ownership of visitor attractions
- Funding visitor attractions
- Why is the public sector important?
Unit 6: Tourism Marketing
- Creating a tourism strategy
- Identifying the tourist product
- Market research
- Market segmentation
- The marketing mix
- How to evaluate a product
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with valuable advice and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience in tourism management is needed in order to enrol on this course, making it ideal for those seeking a career change within this lucrative and expanding industry.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). QLS endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard.
The learner unit summary may be used as evidence towards recognition of prior learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
We take pride in our ability to support our students throughout their studies. From our comprehensive study guides and course materials, to the expertise of our personal tutors; you can harness years of industry experience and use it to inform, build and strengthen your learning experience.
Our personal tutors are experts in their field, meaning they can effectively mentor your studies and provide you with quality advice, guidance and instruction. Our Student Support Team are similarly ready, able and willing to lend you their support as you work your way through your studies. No matter the question you can trust that our team will go above and beyond to get you the answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).