About Our Course
Are you interested in pursuing a career working as a Teaching Assistant or simply wish to develop your knowledge on autism? Our exclusive Teaching Assistant Level 3 & Understanding Autism Level 3 course bundle can provide you with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge that can easily be transferred into your role working with children.
In just 100 hours you will understand how autism is identified and diagnosed, whilst also being given the opportunity to explore the key features of autism (in terms of the ‘triad of impairments’) and the best ways to promote good health, social inclusion and active participation.
In other words, you will learn how to create a safe and comforting environment for children with autism, where they are able to flourish, grow and achieve their true learning potential.
This knowledge – combined with the skills you’ll learn during our Teaching Assistant course – can offer you the tools to make an incredible difference to the children in your care as you’ll be able to accurately read their responses, their intention and their behavioural cues.
This course is a fantastic addition for anyone looking to work with children and specialise in a highly rewarding field, as alongside gaining a thorough understanding of the autism spectrum (and the various disorders which commonly accompany it); you’ll also be able to complete this course from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No exams. No strict deadlines.
You can study this insightful course at a pace, time and location of your choosing, and easily mould it to fit around your current commitments. Our course is highly adaptable, and with the option to receive our course materials by post or by email, you can remain in full control of how you choose to study.
This course bundle is a perfect pairing for those looking to specialise within teaching as it offers an ideal blend on both subjects whilst providing you with a solid foundation of knowledge on the best course of action to take when supporting the day to day functions of those with autism.
In just two years (one year per course), you can achieve real and transferrable skills that you can take into the classroom and use to make a difference to their learning experience. You can be their champion and figure of support, whilst ensuring that they still receive the best possible education and opportunities.
This course will:
- Enable you to study on your on terms, in your own time and at your own pace – all course materials will be sent straight to your home.
- Offer you a stress free convenient way to study – our course is flexible and can easily be moulded around your work commitments.
- Enable you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – no exams, no strict deadlines, no classrooms – you can complete it all from the comfort of your own home.
- Help to expand your career opportunities and broaden your specialities.
- Challenge your perceptions of teaching by giving you a view into how behaviour, communication and child engagement can affect learning.
Teaching Assistant Level 3:
- Unit 1: Schools in the Context of Organisations
- Unit 2: Child Development from 0-19 Years
- Unit 3: Communication and Professional Relationships
- Unit 4: Speech, Language and Communication
- Unit 5: Safeguarding and Protection
Understanding Autism Level 3:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Autism
- Unit 2: Supporting Individuals with Autism with Communication and Social Interaction
- Unit 3: Sensory Processing Difficulties
- Unit 4: Therapeutic Interventions and Safeguarding with Autism
- Unit 5: Supporting Early Years and School Learners with Autism
- Unit 6: Supporting College Level Learners and beyond with Autism
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking. No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We take pride in our ability to support our students throughout the course of their studies. From the years of knowledge and expertise you can harness from our personal tutors – as they seek to instruct, guide and inform your studies – to the advice of our student support team who are always happy to help and advise.
No question is too big or too small, so if you need help deciphering your course materials, you can trust that their support will always be on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
There are no requirements to have completed any courses or have any knowledge of the subject area to enrol on the course. There is no application process and no questions asked when you sign up, it is accessible to anybody.
Your course will start as soon as you sign-up. You could start your journey of learning today!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.