About Our Course
Are you interested in pursuing a career working as a Teaching Assistant or simply wish to develop your knowledge on autism? Our exclusive Teaching Assistant Level 3 & Understanding Autism Level 3 course bundle can provide you with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge that can easily be transferred into your role working with children.
In just 100 hours you will understand how autism is identified and diagnosed, whilst also being given the opportunity to explore the key features of autism (in terms of the ‘triad of impairments’) and the best ways to promote good health, social inclusion and active participation.
In other words, you will learn how to create a safe and comforting environment for children with autism, where they are able to flourish, grow and achieve their true learning potential.
This knowledge – combined with the skills you’ll learn during our Teaching Assistant course – can offer you the tools to make an incredible difference to the children in your care as you’ll be able to accurately read their responses, their intention and their behavioural cues.
This course is a fantastic addition for anyone looking to work with children and specialise in a highly rewarding field, as alongside gaining a thorough understanding of the autism spectrum (and the various disorders which commonly accompany it); you’ll also be able to complete this course from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No exams. No strict deadlines.
You can study this insightful course at a pace, time and location of your choosing, and easily mould it to fit around your current commitments. Our course is highly adaptable, and with the option to receive our course materials by post or by email, you can remain in full control of how you choose to study.
This course bundle is a perfect pairing for those looking to specialise within teaching as it offers an ideal blend on both subjects whilst providing you with a solid foundation of knowledge on the best course of action to take when supporting the day to day functions of those with autism.
In just two years (one year per course), you can achieve real and transferrable skills that you can take into the classroom and use to make a difference to their learning experience. You can be their champion and figure of support, whilst ensuring that they still receive the best possible education and opportunities.
This course will:
- Enable you to study on your on terms, in your own time and at your own pace – all course materials will be sent straight to your home.
- Offer you a stress free convenient way to study – our course is flexible and can easily be moulded around your work commitments.
- Enable you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – no exams, no strict deadlines, no classrooms – you can complete it all from the comfort of your own home.
- Help to expand your career opportunities and broaden your specialities.
- Challenge your perceptions of teaching by giving you a view into how behaviour, communication and child engagement can affect learning.
Teaching Assistant Level 3:
Unit 1: Supporting Learning through Activities
- Accommodating different learning styles
- Independent learning
- Supporting independent learning
- Learning activities
- Primary school activities
- Secondary school activities
- Feedback on learning activities
Unit 2: Learning Through Play
- Play and development
- Creating play spaces
- Involving children in play space creation
- The importance of the consultation process
- Supporting a play session
- Play space legislation
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Risk assessments for play spaces
Unit 3: Developing Positive Behaviour
- Modelling appropriate behaviour
- External factors
- Supporting behavioural difficulties
- Rewarding positive behaviour
- Recognising positive behaviour
Unit 4: Becoming an Effective Team Member
- Effective communication
- Applying communication to teams
- Team working
- Relationship issues within a team
- Minimising conflict
- Coordinating the classroom
Unit 5: Early Years Curriculum Planning
- Learning and development patterns
- Intellectual learning and development patterns
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Creating a stimulating work environment
Unit 6: Supporting Pupils with Particular Needs
- Gifted and talented programmes
- Delivering a gifted and talented programme
- Equality of access legislation
- Providing equality of access
- Interaction and communication needs
- Promoting non-verbal communication skills
- Supporting emotional and social needs
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
Understanding Autism Level 3:
Unit 1: Introduction to Autism
- The triad of impairments
- Communication and social interaction
- Repetitive and obsessive behaviour
Unit 2: Supporting individuals with Communication, Social Interaction and Behaviour
- Formal and informal networks
- Communication and social reaction
- Managing behaviour
Unit 3: Understanding Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Five key senses
- The vestibular system’
Unit 4: Identifying and understanding other conditions associated with autism
- Supporting individuals
Unit 5: Supporting individuals with autism to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle
- Poor health
- Social exclusion
- Develop plans
- Social inclusion
Unit 6: The importance of person-centred values in supporting individuals with autism
- Person-centred values
- Person-centred practice
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking. No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course; however being in possession of a good standard of English (level 2) could prove beneficial to your studies.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We take pride in our ability to support our students throughout the course of their studies. From the years of knowledge and expertise you can harness from our personal tutors – as they seek to instruct, guide and inform your studies – to the advice of our student support team who are always happy to take your call; you can readily contact them at a click of a button and get all of your questions answered.
No question is too big or too small, so if you need help deciphering your course materials, you can trust that their support will always be on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.