About Our Course
Are you interested in working within a supporting role for children with special educational needs? Our exclusive Teaching Assistant and Special Educational Needs Level 3 course bundle can provide you with all the skills, the knowledge and the information you need to explore this career field.
Not only can this home based course help you to explore the role and responsibilities that come with working as a Teaching Assistant; in just two years (one year per course) you can also learn how to support learning through activities and adapt them for children with speech, language and communication issues.
More importantly, you can study this course from the comfort of your own home.
This impressive course bundle has been specially designed for home study, making it possible for you to enrol onto this course, achieve this qualification AND still manage to keep up with your current work commitments.
Our course is highly adaptable and will easily mould around your needs so you can achieve a healthy work-study balance. At the same time, it offers you the flexibility to study when, where and how you want, and at your own pace.
And this is fantastic news if you haven’t got the time to get back into the classroom, as you can make this course work for you.
Prefer to study on the settee? You can. Only got time to complete your assignments on your lunchbreak? This course gives you the freedom to do so.
We’ll even send all of your course materials to your home – via mail or email – so you can start this course when you are ready.
From learning how to be an effective team member, to knowing how to plan early year’s curriculum; by the end of this course you will have the skills to tailor your teaching plans to fit the needs of your students, and will understand the impact special educational needs can have upon learning and development.
This course bundle can provide the perfect stepping stone for those looking to develop a career as a Teaching Assistant, but want to specialise in supporting those with educational needs.
Through the use of written assignments, you will be able to demonstrate your theoretical knowledge on behavioural, social and emotional difficulties, and will know how to adapt your teaching methods and activities to ensure that the children in your care receive maximum support.
In turn, you will achieve a level of comprehension and competency in this subject that will ensure that you make a credible difference to the learning development of those you assist.
This course will:
- Allow you to study from the comfort of your own home – no classes, no examinations, and no strict deadlines… all of your course materials will be sent to your home.
- Enable you to learn on your own terms and at your own pace.
- Help you to achieve a healthy work-study balance.
- Broaden your knowledge and understanding on special educational needs and the techniques you can employ to help children to grow and flourish.
- Help you to discover how to make a difference to children’s learning by identifying and planning for the special educational needs (SENs) of each individual.
Teaching Assistant Level 3:
- Unit 1: Schools in the Context of Organisations
- Unit 2: Child Development from 0-19 Years
- Unit 3: Communication and Professional Relationships
- Unit 4: Speech, Language and Communication
- Unit 5: Safeguarding and Protection
Special Education Needs Level 3:
- Unit 1: Special Educational Needs (SEN) in Children and Young People
- Unit 2: Supporting Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs to Reach their Potential
- Unit 3: Working with Illnesses and Disabilities in Children and Young People
- Unit 4: Working with Additional Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Unit 5: Working with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Challenges
- Unit 6: Developing Planning and Assessments to Meet Individual Needs
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with advice and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of home based courses; this doesn’t mean you ever have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. From the moment you enrol, you can harness the knowledge and expertise of our personal tutors – whose years of experience in the field can help to instruct, guide and inform your studies.
Our student support team are similarly highly trained and at a click of a button will always be on hand to answer your questions, queries or concerns.
No matter the question, you can contact our team and trust that they will go above and beyond to give you the support you need, when you need it and maximise your learning potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.