About This Course
Ever wondered what inspires the thoughts and actions of those around you, or wished you understood how your child’s mind works? Our Psychology and Child Psychology Level 3 course bundle can help you to delve into this fascinating world and gain a glimpse into human behaviour.
The unique home study course covers everything. From understanding the applications of psychology within HR, recruitment, criminology and education, to investigating human behaviour at all levels of the individual (and within wider society); in just 160 hours of study time (80 per course) you will feel confident in your ability to recognise the different types of human responses.
More importantly, you will gain valuable training and knowledge in child psychology, social development, childcare and education, enabling you to analyse child behaviour and development from as early as babies, all the way to preschool and beyond.
And this is fantastic news, if you are looking to get back into education or add a new specialism to your credentials, as this course can offer you the freedom to complete your studies from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No pressure.
You can fit this unique course bundle around your current commitments; study at your own pace, and still achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
Every element of this course is designed to enlighten your perceptions of psychology, so you can take these transferable skills and use them to build a credible career in this field.
So if like many parents, you wish you could understand the thoughts and the ideas behind your children’s actions, why not add this insightful course to your arsenal?
Split into 2 courses – Psychology Level 3 and Child Psychology Level 3 – every element of this course bundle can be used to help enhance your understanding and knowledge of this field, but more importantly, broaden your career opportunities.
By testing your comprehension of the course materials through written assignments, you will be able to demonstrate your new skills and apply them within practical scenarios and settings.
With this course, you will:
- Be given the flexibility to study when and where you want; at your own pace, and fit it around your current work commitments.
- Gain real and transferrable skills that can be used to climb the career ladder.
- Earn a nationally recognised qualification.
- Be able to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your home (via mail or email).
Psychology Level 3
Module 1: Defining Psychology/strong>
- Psychology practice and approaches
- Classification of psychology
- Qualitative or quantitative
- Ethical considerations
- Experimental and non-experimental methods
- Analysing and presenting data
- The Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders
- Personality disorders
- The central nervous system
- Sensory processes
- Addictive behaviour
- Drug addiction
- Alcohol addiction
- Smoking addiction
- Language acquisition
- Development of the shelf
- Groups and group behaviour
- Pro-social and anti-social behaviour
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby’s theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The child’s first relationship
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg’s perspective
- Eisenberg’s perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
- Memory and memory processes
- Short and long term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children’s minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
- Having a sense of gender
Module 2: Research Methods in Psychology
Module 3: Psychological Abnormality
Module 4: Behaviour and Experience
Module 5: Cognitive Psychology
Module 6: Social Psychology
Child Psychology Level 3
Module 1: Defining Child Psychology
Module 2: Forming Relationships in Childhood
Module 3: Perception, Cognition and Language
Module 4: Emotional, Social and Moral Development
Module 5: Children’s Minds
Module 6: Moving Towards Adulthood
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking.
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience in psychology is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those seeking to enter into this subject field for the first time.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We may specialise in the provision of home study courses; however at no point in your studies will you ever be alone. From the moment you enrol, you will receive the highest standard of customer support, starting with our comprehensive study guides all the way to the continuous support of our personal tutors.
Our personal tutors are all experts in their field, meaning you can readily harness their knowledge, guidance and expertise, and use it to further your studies within psychology.
In turn, our student support team are always on hand to answer your questions and be a pillar of support when you need advice. Just one click away… you’ll never have to wait long for an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.