About This Course
Ever wondered what inspires the thoughts and actions of those around you, or wished you understood how your child’s mind works? Our Psychology and Child Psychology Level 3 course bundle can help you to delve into this fascinating world and gain a glimpse into human behaviour.
The unique home study course covers everything. From understanding the applications of psychology within HR, recruitment, criminology and education, to investigating human behaviour at all levels of the individual (and within wider society); in just 160 hours of study time (80 per course) you will feel confident in your ability to recognise the different types of human responses.
More importantly, you will gain valuable training and knowledge in child psychology, social development, childcare and education, enabling you to analyse child behaviour and development from as early as babies, all the way to preschool and beyond.
And this is fantastic news, if you are looking to get back into education or add a new specialism to your credentials, as this course can offer you the freedom to complete your studies from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No pressure.
You can fit this unique course bundle around your current commitments; study at your own pace, and still achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
Every element of this course is designed to enlighten your perceptions of psychology, so you can take these transferable skills and use them to build a credible career in this field.
So if like many parents, you wish you could understand the thoughts and the ideas behind your children’s actions, why not add this insightful course to your arsenal?
Split into 2 courses – Psychology Level 3 and Child Psychology Level 3 – every element of this course bundle can be used to help enhance your understanding and knowledge of this field, but more importantly, broaden your career opportunities.
By testing your comprehension of the course materials through written assignments, you will be able to demonstrate your new skills and apply them within practical scenarios and settings.
With this course, you will:
- Be given the flexibility to study when and where you want; at your own pace, and fit it around your current work commitments.
- Gain real and transferrable skills that can be used to climb the career ladder.
- Earn a nationally recognised qualification.
- Be able to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your home (via mail or email).
Psychology Level 3
Unit 1: Science of Psychology
- What is Psychology?
- History of Psychology
- Modern Psychology and Science
- Collecting Psychology Data
Unit 2: Human Development and Learning
- How and why we learn
- Human and social conditioning
- Observational learning and other types
- Cognitive and social development
Unit 3: Relating with Others and Influencers
- Understanding others
- Attraction and Love
- Doing as you are told
Unit 4: Guide to your Brain and Consciousness
- What Neurons are
- Story of the damaged brain
- What is consciousness?
- Dreams and Psychology
Unit 5: Memory, Attention and Thinking
- Categories of attention
- Solving problems and memory
- Where in the brain memories are stored and why
- Retrieval of memories
- False memories
- Improving memory
Unit 6: Personality and Intelligence
- Measuring personality
- Understanding different personalities
- Personality: Nature or Nurture
- How to measure intelligence
- Different types of intelligence
Unit 7: Being a Psychologist
- Understanding yourself first
- Do you conform to commands
- What type of psychologist are you
Child Psychology Level 3
Unit 1: An introduction to child psychology
- Introduction to childhood
- A history of childhood education
- Branches of psychology
- History of psychology
- Alternate approaches to psychology
- Ways of researching
- Working with children
Unit 2: Cognitive development
- Language basics
- The stages of cognitive development
- Using language in child psychology
- Forming logic
- Steps in the perceptual process
- Piaget’s theory
- Socialisation in children
Unit 3: Relationships and attachment
- Versions of attachment
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- Nature and nurture
- Natural behaviour
- John Bowlby
- Early relationships
Unit 4: Cognition and memory
- Memory processes
- Short-term memory
- Long-term memory
- Memory and learning
- Stimulating memory
- How a child’s mind works
- A child’s perception
- Child psychology in context
Unit 5: Emotional changes
- Learning theories
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg’s perspective
- Stages and levels of moral development
- Eisenberg’s theory
- Developing emotions
Unit 6: Development into adolescence
- Adolescence theories
- Changes into adolescence
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking.
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience in psychology is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those seeking to enter into this subject field for the first time.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
We may specialise in the provision of home study courses; however at no point in your studies will you ever be alone. From the moment you enrol, you will receive the highest standard of customer support, starting with our comprehensive study guides all the way to the continuous support of our personal tutors.
Our personal tutors are all experts in their field, meaning you can readily harness their knowledge, guidance and expertise, and use it to further your studies within psychology.
In turn, our student support team are always on hand to answer your questions and be a pillar of support when you need advice. Just one click away… you’ll never have to wait long for an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).