About This Course
Are you a natural carer or interested in establishing a career working in health and social care? Our Principles of Nursing Practice & Health & Social Care course can help you to develop your understanding of this rewarding career field so you can make an informed decision on where you want to take your career next.
This impressive course covers everything you need to know about nursing practice, health and social care – yet comes with the advantage of allowing you to study it all from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No strict deadlines. No stress.
You can study this course when, where and how you want, and do it at a pace of your choosing. And this is great news if you are stepping back into education or are unable to attend classes due to work commitments; as not only will we send all your course materials to your home, you’ll also be able to mould this course around your existing commitments.
By the end of it you will have achieved a level of understanding that will truly enhance your future study or career choices.
During this course, you will learn:
- How to apply basic nursing principles to practical contexts.
- The core values and standards associated with basic nursing practice and care delivery.
- How to investigate the psychological and social aspects of nursing practice and care delivery.
- About the range of settings in which social care takes place, as well as the various roles and types of work available within the healthcare system.
- The universal principles of care and the various careers it links to including: social workers, nurses, health visitors, carers and paramedics.
- More about communication skills and safeguarding procedures, which are necessary to work safely and professionally within the social care system
This course bundle is the perfect stepping-stone for those wishing to explore a career within nursing or health and social care, as it can provide you with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and transferrable skills which can be used to further your pursuit of work in this field.
Designed to explore every element of these two fascinating fields; by the end of this course you will achieve a level of competency and confidence that will make a real difference to your career choices.
This course will:
- Challenge your knowledge and perceptions of nursing practice, care delivery and social work.
- Enable you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – you can study this course from the comfort of your own home, on your own terms and at a pace of your choosing.
- Expand your career options.
- Boost your credentials.
- Offer you a convenient and stress-free way to study – all course materials will be delivered straight to your home.
Nursing Practice Level 3
Unit 1: Introduction to Principles of Nursing
- Nursing Theories
- Professional Standards
- Duty of Care
- Ethical Principles
- Accountability and Delegation
- Delegation Principles
- The NHS Constitution for England
- Training and Development
Unit 2: Anatomy and Physiology
- Cells and their role in the body
- Elements of Cells
- Blood Characteristics and Functions
- Lymphatic System Function
- Immune Function
- The Endocrine System and Hormones
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems
- Digestive & Urinary Systems
Unit 3: Developing Effective Communication
- Communication and Professional Relationships
- Positive & Negative Communications
- Challenging Situations
- Characteristics of Effective Communication
- Communication Methods
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Clarifying Misunderstanding
Unit 4: Understanding the Psychological needs of each Patient
- Psychological Needs in Nursing
- Recognising Distress
- Advantages of Psychological Intervention
- Qualities of Psychological Care
- Skills in Psychological Care
- Psychological Assessment Skills
- Psychological Interventions
- Barriers to Psychological Care
- Involving Patients in Psychological Care
Unit 5: Core Skills Part 1
- Procedure for taking a pulse, temperature & checking blood pressure
- Breathing rates
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
Unit 6: Core Skills Part 2
- Key priorities
- Delivery of personal care
- Respecting the principles of confidentiality
- Handling Information in Nursing
- Assessment and Reporting
Health and Social Care Level 3
Unit 1: Health and Social Care
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 2: Training in the Health and Social Care Setting
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Quality Framework Credits
- Nurse Training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of Multiagency working
Unit 3: Legislation and Policy in Health and Social Care
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of Care for Nursing
- Record Keeping
- Standards for Record Keeping
- Equality and Diversity Legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
Unit 4: Communication Confidentiality and Safeguarding
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Non-verbal communication
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
Unit 5: Physiology and Management of Diseases
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
Unit 6: Universal Principles of Care
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk Assessment
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Handling medicines
Both courses within this exclusive course bundle are assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereby they will supply you with valuable tips and feedback.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed to enrol onto this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of home-based courses, we take pride in ensuring that all our students are supported at every opportunity. From our comprehensive course materials, to the continuous support of our personal experts; you can harness years of industry advice, instruction and guidance as they work to enhance your grades.
Our student support team is similarly accessible at a click of a button and will always be on hand to answer your queries or concerns. No matter the size of your question, you will never be alone in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.