About This Course
Ensuring the health and safety of not only yourself, but your employees is a concern every employer faces. Yet by putting procedures into place to maximise the welfare of your employees, you can minimise risk and ensure a healthy working environment.
Our Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2 course is designed with this exact purpose in mind. Within this distance learning course you can gain a thorough knowledge on health and safety, as well as all the procedures and policies involved, so you can create a workplace that is safe for all.
At the same time, you can explore health and safety management systems; become familiar with common causes of accidents, and know how to investigate workplace welfare – all from the comfort of your own home.
This award winning course has been purposefully tailored for home study, making it ideal for those who can’t get into college every day.
Instead, you can absorb all of the skills this course has got to offer at a time, pace and location of your choosing, and do it on your own terms. No pressure. No strict deadlines. No stress.
You can mould this course to suit your work commitments and still gain an impressive qualification.
Comprised of 6 units, each unit serves to enhance your knowledge and understanding of health and safety, and its applications within the workplace. By participating in its written assignments, you can also use this course to demonstrate your competency of the syllabus as well as improve your ability to keep your working environment safe, healthy and happy.
This course will:
- Expand your knowledge on safety policies and procedures.
- Enable you to learn on your own terms, from the comfort of your own home and at a pace of your choosing.
- Provide you with a stress free, convenient way to study – no deadlines, no examinations and no classrooms.
- Supply you with a nationally recognised qualification that will look great on your CV.
Unit 1: Introduction to health and safety
- Importance of health and safety
- Employee duties
- Employer duties
Unit 2: Policies and procedures in the workplace relating to health and safety
- Health and safety at work act
- Understand what RIDDOR is
- Understand what COSHH is
- First aid procedures
Unit 3: Health and safety management system
- Risk assessment
- Committees and representatives
- Health and safety training and supervision
- Consulting with employees
Unit 4: Provide information on work place health
- Smoking policies
- Young people in the workplace
- Carrying out a VDU assessment
- Supporting people with disabilities in the workplace
Unit 5: The cause of accidents in the workplace
- Slips trips and falls
- Electrical hazards
- Fire hazards
- Chemical hazards
Unit 6: Workplace welfare
- Toilets and washing facilities
- Working time regulations
- Heating and ventilation requirements
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments that will test your knowledge of the course materials taught on the syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with valuable feedback and tips which can be used to boost your overall grade.
No external examinations are required, although you will have to perform your own research.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). QLS endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that the course has undergone external quality checks by the awarding body to ensure it meets a high standard.
The learner unit summary may be used as evidence towards recognition of prior learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
From day one you’ll receive the continuous support, advice and guidance of our personal tutors as they seek to maximise your learning potential.
So, even though you’ll be studying our course from the comfort of your own home, you’ll still be able to contact our personal tutors and student support team and get all of your questions answered.
Similarly, the feedback and tips you’ll receive upon submission of your written assignments can be used to help improve your examination techniques and overall grades.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).