About This Course
Are you a successful slimmer who wishes to pay their good fortune forward and help others to achieve a healthier lifestyle? Alternatively, have you always been fascinated with exercise, nutrition and the promotion of a ‘better you’? Our Online Weight Management Consultant Diploma Level 4 course can help you to take this passion for helping others and employ it within a credible career.
In just one year and 100 hours of study, you can acquire the training you need to become a successful weight management consultant and gain transferable skills that can make a massive difference to those who struggle to lose weight.
From helping you to identify, examine and utilise various weight management methods, to highlighting the importance of nutrition, exercise and psychology during weight loss; you can use this knowledge to tailor the methods you’ve acquired to uniquely meet the requirements and needs of each individual client.
You can become the ‘go to’ person for all issues concerning weight loss, weight management and long term good health; as by the end of this course you’ll walk away fully aware of the essential principles of nutrition and how to effectively deploy tailored weight management strategies.
This course cover everything you need to take a credible step towards working as a weight management consultant, as it will even teach you the causes and consequences of obesity and how to combat the growing epidemic.
And the good news is – you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home.
Our Weight Management Consultant Level 4 course has been specially designed for home study, so you can take full advantage of the information and skills it can provide, without ever having to enter a classroom.
All course materials will be sent to your home – via mail or by email – making it possible for you to fit this course around your current work commitments and achieve a healthy work-study balance. At the same time, this course can afford you the flexibility of being able to study at a pace of your choosing. Fast, slow… you will remain in full control of your learning experience.
This course can act as the perfect stepping stone for those wishing to improve the health and wellbeing of not just themselves, but of those around them. By recognising the importance of nutrition, exercise and psychology – and the fact that nobody loses weight the same way – you can devise credible weight management plans that can make a real difference to the lives of those you assist.
In turn, you will be able to achieve a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge that you’ll be able to test and demonstrate within our written assignments. By pitting your knowledge against these hypothetical scenarios, not only will you be able to develop your skills, comprehension and competency in this subject area; you’ll also be able to take these transferable skills and use them to kick start your career.
This course will:
- Compliment a number of similar courses in this field, helping you to build up your credentials and industry credibility.
- Broaden your perceptions on weight loss, obesity, weight management and fad diets.
- Enable you to study when, where and how you want, and at a pace of your choosing.
- Allow you to achieve a healthy work-study balance – all course materials will be sent to your home, allowing you to adapt, mould and flexibly learn on your own terms.
- Provide you with real and transferable skills.
Unit 1 – Essential Principles in Nutrition (GLH: 25)
- Describe characteristics and functions of macronutrients and micronutrients
- Explain the importance of vitamins and minerals for the body
- Explain the importance of water in the diet
- List ways in which they can stay informed of the latest developments in the field
Unit 2 – The obesity epidemic, causes and consequences (GLH: 25)
- Describe energy balance
- Explain how modern diet and working practices predispose individuals to weight gain
- Analyse the role which fast food, ready meals and convenience food play in obesity
- Evaluate the extent to which food consumption is linked to our social and cultural heritage
- Explain the relationship between economic status and obesity
- Describe the effects of the obesity epidemic on an individual and national level
Unit 3 – The principles of effective weight management (GLH: 25)
- Describe the risks associated with being overweight.
- Perform an assessment to determine if a person is overweight, and know the different classes of obesity (obese, severely obese, morbidly obese, super obese)
- Analyse the benefits and drawbacks of different methods for determining whether someone is overweight
- Explain energy balance, and the fundamental mechanics of fat loss, calorie counting, portion sizes and the food pyramid
- Construct a simple weight loss plan
Unit 4 – Complications to weight management (GLH: 25)
- Give examples of conditions which predispose individuals to obesity, or make it far more difficult for them to maintain a healthy weight
- Assess the impact of the two diabetes as they apply to weight loss
- Describe the considerations for working with individuals with type one diabetes
- Explain the effect of metabolic diseases on a person’s weight
- Make a balanced judgement as to when an individual is suitable for assistance from a weight loss consultant, and when they need to be treated by a medical professional.
Unit 5 – Fad diets, and Fact diets (GLH: 25)
- Outline the characteristics and drawbacks of the most popular “fad diets”
- Explain why “diets” as a whole do not work for sustained weight loss and management
- Define the “yo-yo” dieting effect
- Outline approaches to weight management which do work, and are sustainable in the long term
Unit 6 – The role of Psychology in weight loss (GLH: 25)
- Describe the relationship between emotion and food
- Give examples of situations where emotions or psychological considerations may lie at the heart of a weight issue
- Illustrate with examples the psychological effect which obesity can have on individuals
- Justify the consideration of psychological factors when dealing with weight loss
- List and describe different psychological approaches are effective in supporting weight loss, and know how to help clients find help.
Unit 7 – The role of Exercise in weight loss (GLH: 25)
- Explain how exercise can contribute to initial weight loss, as well as maintenance of a healthy weight
- Differentiate between types of exercise which are suitable and unsuitable for obese individuals
- Outline the types of professionals who can provide tailored exercise plans for obese individuals
- Clarify instances when it is appropriate to recommend exercise to a client, and when to refer them to a medical professional
- Describe different ways in which clients can incorporate more exercise into their daily routines
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge and comprehension of the course materials. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking and feedback. No external examination are required.
No previous knowledge or experience in weight management is needed in order to enrol onto this course, allowing you to pay your good fortune forward onto other budding slimmers.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Although we may specialise in the provision of home based courses this doesn’t mean you’ll have to complete this journey on your own. From day one we will go above and beyond to maximise your learning potential, improve your grades and ensure you benefit from a stress free learning experience.
We will supply you with everything: comprehensive study guides, course materials, and the support of personal tutors – whose years of knowledge and industry experience can easily be accessed at a click of a button. No matter the query, our personal tutors can guide, instruct and mentor your studies so you can achieve optimum results.
Similarly, our student support team will always be on hand to answer your questions and provide you with valuable advice. Help is only a click away…
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.