About This Course
Busy lifestyles and evolving food technology has led to a fundamental change in eating habits over the past 100 years. The adoption of unhealthy eating habits, and more people eating food that has little nutritional value, has led to mass scale and a rise in obesity and other related health conditions.
A recent study by the UK government found that 28% of adults in England are obese and a further 36% are overweight, an alarming statistic which both highlights the issue and explains the current demand for help and support in this area.
If you are passionate about helping shape people into more healthy lifestyles, then this course would be a perfect choice for you.
During this level 3 Nutrition Consulting Diploma, you will study nutrition and eating habits, and how they can aid healthy weight loss or gain, and improve metabolism and the immune system. You’ll study food science concepts in detail, which will give you the foundations on which to base your own consultancy business, should you wish to follow this rewarding career path further..
Split into 7 units, every element of this course seeks to expand your understanding of nutrition and healthy eating, so you can achieve the theoretical knowledge you need to apply these skills within real and practical settings.
This course will:
- Help you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and competency that can be transferred into your work and career.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no classrooms, no strict deadlines and no exams.
- Allow you to study from home – all course materials will be sent straight to your door, enabling you to fit your studies around your obligations.
Unit 1: Introduction to Nutrition and Diet
- What is nutrition?
- What is a nutrition consultant?
- The Nutrition Society
- Diet and its components
- Dietary value
- Macronutrients & micronutrients
Unit 2: Weight and Nutrition
- What is weight management?
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Maintaining a healthy weight
Unit 3: The Role of Fluids
- Hydration, dehydration and overhydration
Unit 4: Veganism vs Carnivore
- The Carnivore Diet
Unit 5: Health Problems and Eating Disorders
- Nutrition and related health conditions
- Eating disorders
Unit 6: Creating a Diet Plan
- Dietary Assessment
- Creating a Diet Plan
Unit 7: Gaining Clients
- Setting up your Nutrition Consultant Business
- Marketing your nutrition consulting business
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it ideal for those just starting out in this career field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the guidance of our personal tutors, whose expert experience within the healthy eating industry will enrich your studies, to our comprehensive course materials; from day one we will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your studies. With twelve months tutor support, you have the option of completing in as little as three months, or using the full twelve months.
You too can take advantage of the extensive knowledge base of our personal tutors and use their experiences to get all of your questions answered. Our friendly student support team are available to offer support and answer your questions.
Only one click away, you can trust that help will be there when you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
There are no requirements to have completed any courses or have any knowledge of the subject area to enrol on the course. There is no application process and no questions asked when you sign up, it is accessible to anybody.
Your course will start as soon as you sign-up. You could start your journey of learning today!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.