About This Course
A nationally recognised qualification, the Health and Social Care with a level 3 award from NCFE CACHE can take your natural nurturing capabilities and provide you with the tools to work with people of any age and provide help and assistance in a care setting.
On Completion of this course, learners will receive a fully recognised level 3 qualification that will aid progression in a rewarding career in the care sector.
Learners will also earn UCAS points, depending on the grade achieved. The number of UCAS points earned are as follows:
- A* Grade – 28 UCAS Points
- A Grade – 24 UCAS Points
- B Grade – 20 UCAS Points
- C Grade – 16 UCAS Points
- D Grade – 12 UCAS Points
This course has been designed by NCFE CACHE who specialise in care and education sector qualifications, and whom use leading industry experts and specialists to ensure you receive everything your future employers will expect of you. With 180 hours of learning and 1 year to finish it; you can achieve an excellent knowledge base in health and social care that can enable you to go on to further vocational training and placement opportunities.
Complete this course from the comfort of your own home with the expert help of a tutor.
Alongside developing your understanding and knowledge of this highly rewarding field; every assignment you complete will test your competency and ability to transfer these versatile skills into a working environment.
This course will:
- Earn you UCAS points that can be used to enrol at university
- Cover the entire scope of health and social care, whilst broadening your ideas on the growth, development and safeguarding of those in your care
- Enable you to learn on your own terms – free of exams, stress and deadlines
- Reward you with a nationally recognised qualification
- Enable you to take your first tentative steps into this field without the necessity of working or attending classes
Qualification Number: 601/6108/5
Unit 1: Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- How rights are promoted in health and social care services
- Ethical dilemmas that may arise when balancing individual rights and duty of care
- How to promote equality and support diversity
- How to challenge those not working inclusively in a way that promotes change
- How to support others in promoting equality and rights
- Legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination
- The role of the health and social care practitioner in meeting individuals’ needs through inclusive practice
Unit 2: Human growth and development
- The life stages of human development
- Social, emotional, cognitive and physical developments within each life stage
- Theories of human growth and development
- Significant life events that can occur within each stage of human development
- The impact that significant life events have on individuals
Unit 3: Safeguarding in health and social care
- Understanding, and purposes of, safeguarding
- How health and social care practitioners can take steps to safeguard themselves
- Current legislation in relation to safeguarding
- The relationship between legislation, policy and procedure
- Policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding
- Factors that may contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may cause concern relating to neglect or abuse
- The lines of reporting and responsibility in relation to safeguarding protection and welfare
- The boundaries of confidentiality in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of individuals
- The role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
This distance learning course is assessed using a series of assignments designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These assignments will be submitted to your tutor for marking and will be returned with valuable feedback.
There is no exam and the certification fee is included in the course fee.
No formal entry requirements are needed to enrol onto this course; however you must be at least 16 years old. Similarly, as this is only a knowledge based course, you don’t need to be working within a health and social care environment.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care accredited by the qualifications regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland – Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
NCFE CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children and adult care sectors. They offer the most up-to-date and relevant qualifications for the new RQF, and work with Sector Skills Councils to ensure high quality and cutting edge service is supplied to their customers, learners and the sector itself.
From the moment you enrol onto this 1 year distance learning course, you can harness the support and expertise of our personal tutors and student support team. They can help you to make sense of your course materials and assignments, whilst providing valuable tips, advice and instructions on how to maximise your potential.
Your assignments in particularly, will be marked by our tutors who will aim to equip you with the tools to improve your marks and long term grades.
Similarly, our student support team are always on hand to answer your questions or concerns. Only one click away… you never have to feel isolated in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).