About This Course
Interested in developing your numeracy skills or entering into a career in bookkeeping? Our ICB Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts Level 3 is the perfect course to get you started.
Not only will this home based course help you to gain the knowledge and the skills to become a fully qualified bookkeeper; you’ll also be offered the opportunity to learn everything there is to know about producing final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and not for profit organisations – both manually and using computerised systems.
And this is great news for businesses wishing to handle their own bookkeeping and accounts, as this course will enable you to deal with it all yourself. No accountants. No outsourcing. You’ll be able your own boss.
This unique course has been purposefully designed for home study, so even if you have got a business to manage; you can still enrol onto this course and fit it easily around your existing commitments.
In fact, you can study when, where and how you want, and do it all from the comfort of your own home – how fast you choose to study is up to you.
From understanding the theoretical knowledge and principles of bookkeeping, to reconciling financial statements and VAT returns; by the end of this one year course you will gain Associate member status with the ICB and will confidently be able to work as a self-employed or employed bookkeeper.
Please Note: upon enrolment onto this course, you will gain FREE access to Sage 50 Workbook software that will enable you to practice and gain real bookkeeping skills.
Your course materials will alert you to the right time to install this software. Once installed, you will have 6 months to complete the computerised section of the course.
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore it will not run on Windows XP or on Apple Macintosh computers.
Every element of this course is designed to enhance your numeracy skills and leave you in a position to independently handle your own bookkeeping and accounts. The fact that you can walk away with an Associate member status with the ICB and the letter AICB after your name, means this course can add a real edge to your qualifications and CV.
With every unit that you complete, you will achieve a deeper understanding and comprehension of bookkeeping. More importantly, you will earn real and transferable skills that can be directly applied into your work and future positions.
This course will:
- Test your theoretical knowledge and competency, providing ample opportunities to test your new bookkeeping skills within a practical setting.
- Allow you to study at your own pace, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home – all course materials will be sent straight to you by mail or by email.
- Enable you to earn an internationally recognised qualification.
- Help you to jumpstart your career and potentially work as a freelance bookkeeper.
You will also receive: ICB 1-year Annual Subscription and Registration fee worth £78.00 (it can take up to 6 weeks to process the registration)
ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
Unit 1: Underpinning knowledge
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the different rules that apply when processing VAT transactions
Unit 2: Reconciliation of accounts and correction of errors
- Reconcile supplier statements
- prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Understand what to do if the trial balance does not
- Produce a corrected trial balance
Unit 3: VAT Returns
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
Unit 4: Calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers
- Calculate depreciation
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for adjustments to the accounts
Unit 5: Final accounts of non-incorporated businesses
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a sole trader from a given trial balance
- Prepare a set of final accounts for ‘not-for-profit’ organisations
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a partnership
Assessment for this course is based on two sections, where you will be expected to demonstrate your understanding and comprehension of the course materials. They are as follows:
Section 1: For this section, you will be expected to complete three online tests that can be done at home or at work. These tests will assess your ability to handle various reconciliation processes, as well as deal with the production of final accounts for non-incorporated business and not-for-profit organisations (in both a manual and a computerised system).
Section 2: For this section, you will need to complete an exam at an approved ICB test centre. Here, your knowledge of the whole syllabus will be tested, including topics from level 2.
Before enrolling onto this course you will be expected to have successfully completed and achieved a qualification in ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, or its equivalent from another awarding body.
This bookkeeping course comes with two options:
- You can study this course for personal interest and development – meaning you don’t have to take any exams. Instead, you will be expected to complete tutor marked assessments that will earn you a completion certificate.
- You can complete the whole course, taking all of the necessary ICB examinations as well as doing the tutor marked assessments. Successful completion of these examinations will earn you an official ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts.
Note: your ICB exams will need to be booked by yourself and will come with a small additional charge that is separate from the course fee. This will be payable to the ICB and your chosen assessment centre. For a list of approved centres, speak to our student support team.
At every opportunity, we aim to supply our students with continuous support and guidance so that they never feel isolated or alone in their studies. From sending comprehensive study guides and course materials to your home (by mail or by email), to providing you with countless hours of support from our personal tutors; every step of the way you will receive valuable advice, guidance and instruction.
Our personal tutors are experts in their field and are accessible 24/7 by email or 4 days a week by phone. This means they are always on hand to lend you their support and supply you with years of expertise and experience. Similarly, our student support team are readily available to answer your queries and give you the highest standard of advice. Just one click away, help is always at hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.