About This Course
For many new and young businesses, outsourcing your accounts to an accountancy firm can prove to be a costly experience. With an already limited budget, it is the last expense you need.
That is where our ICB Bookkeeping Complete and Starting Your Own Business course bundle comes in handy. In one course bundle, you can access all 3 ICB levels in Bookkeeping (2, 3 and 4) as well as learn how to plan, set up, market and run your own business.
And this is fantastic news for businesses just starting out, as this home study course will teach you how to handle all aspects of bookkeeping without having to waste a single penny of your budget.
From manual single-entry bookkeeping, to working up to dealing with fully computerised accounts for limited companies; by the end of this intensive course you will have a solid foundation in bookkeeping theory and practice.
More importantly, you will have the freedom to study this course on your own terms. No strict deadlines. No pressure.
You can choose when, where and how you study and do it all from the comfort of your own home. This course bundle takes on average 12 months per level to complete. Yet upon completion, you will be in a position to give your business the financial support, knowledge and insights it deserves.
Accredited by the ICB, this flexible course contains everything you need to take charge of your business management and bookkeeping. You will gain real, transferrable skills that can be used to benefit your business or even others.
At the same time, this course bundle will continue to challenge your competency and comprehension, as it asks you to apply these newly acquired skills within a practical setting. This course will:
This course will:
- Earn you an internationally recognised qualification from the world’s largest bookkeeping institute.
- Enable you to work for all types of organisations or even as a freelance bookkeeper.
- Allow you to study at a pace of your choosing – no pressure, no tight deadlines, no unnecessary stress..
- Help you to launch a new business, handle your own books and show you how to plan, set up and market your business.
Successfully completion of this course bundle will also enable you to gain full ICB member status and the use of MICB after your name – designated letters that are sure to impress prospective employers and clients.
In addition, enrolment onto this course will earn you FREE ICB 1 year annual subscriptions and registration fee (worth £78) and FREE access to Sage 50 Accounts software. Please note: Whilst studying this course you will be asked to install the free Sage software mentioned above (your course materials will inform you of the right time to install it).
Once installed you will have 6 months to complete the computerised section of the course. You will need to have Windows 7 or higher on your computer; Sage will not run on Windows XP oron Apple Macintosh computers.
RQF Number: 601/9061/9
ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Unit 1: Underpinning Knowledge
- Unit 2: Business Documents
- Unit 3: Ledger accounts and the division of the ledger
- Unit 4: Books of prime entry
- Unit 5: Accounting for VAT
- Unit 6: Making and receiving payments
- Unit 7: Trial Balance
- Unit 8: Use a computerised accounts package
ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Unit 1: Underpinning knowledge
- Unit 2: Reconciliation of accounts and correction of errors
- Unit 3: VAT Returns
- Unit 4: Calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers
- Unit 5: Final accounts of non-incorporated businesses
ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Unit 1: Limited Company Accounts
- Unit 2: Limited Liability Partnerships
- Unit 3: Incomplete Records
- Unit 4: Advanced Partnership Accounts
- Unit 5: Interpretation of financial statements
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Unit 1: Preparing to Start Your Business
- Unit 2: Defining Your Business
- Unit 3: Marketing
- Unit 4: Customers
- Unit 5: Finance
- Unit 6: Your Business Plan
Our Starting Your Own Business Level 3 course is assessed through a series of written assignments that are designed to test your syllabus knowledge. These will need to be submitted to and marked by your personal tutor, who will provide you with valuable feedback and tips.No external examinations are required for this part of the course.
For the ICB Bookkeeping Complete course, you will need to complete the following written assessments to gain the formal ICB qualifications.
- Level 2 Certificate: Three online tests
- Level 3 Certificate: Three online tests and a centre-based examination
- Level 4 Certificate – Online test and a centre-based examination
All of the online tests can be done at home, at work or wherever you have access to a secure Internet connection. They are designed to be quick, simple and to test your course knowledge. In the case of the centre-based tests, you will need to book these yourself and pay an additional fee to the ICB and to the examination centre (that is separate to the course cost). Contact our support team to find your closest approved ICB examination centre.
No prior knowledge or experience in bookkeeping is required in order to enrol onto this course; however, you may benefit from having basic numerical knowledge.
This bookkeeping course comes with two options:
- The course can be studied for personal interest and can be completed without doing an assessment. Here, you will be provided with a completion certificate.
- You can opt to take the exams online from home. Upon successful completion, you will gain three bookkeeping Certificates: the ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, the ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, and the ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts. By passing all three, you will gain Full membership status with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and will be able to use the letters MICB after your name – highlighting your skills to future and prospective employers/ clients.
ABC Awards: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificates of Achievement by ABC Awards, as well as a Learner Unit Summary detailing the units you have completed.
This course has been designed by Open Study College to meet the requirements of specific learners’or future employers’ requirements. This course is also endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and the courses they offer – meet a high standard.
It is important to note that completion of this course alone will not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification; however, it may be used as evidence of your knowledge and skills towards future regulated qualifications. In turn, the unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning, should you choose to progress your studies further in this field.
ABC Awards are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They offer a large and diverse portfolio of Ofqual regulated qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) for all ages and abilities post-14.
From day one, you will be met with the continued support, guidance and instruction of our personal tutors as they strive to enhance your studies through their years of expertise in the field. No question is too big or too small. Instead, you can easily contact our tutors and benefit from years of knowledge and experience.
In turn, our student support team can help you to decipher our course materials and comprehensive study guides, and do so at a click of a button.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.