About This Course
Our Employment Law Level 3 course is the perfect stepping stone for those interested in pursuing a career in law and human resources, or whom wish to learn more about their rights as an employer or employee.
In just one year of study, you can acquire the knowledge and insight to understand how employment law is informed and developed, as well as recognise the protocols for handling cases in courts and tribunals.
Similarly, this distance learning course can help to develop your knowledge across a wide range of areas, including law of contracts, discrimination and redundancy; so you can feel confident in your ability to advise and assist those dealing with issues in the workplace.
And the great news is – this incredible course can be studied from the comfort of your own home. Our Employment Law Level 3 course has been specially tailored for home study, making it not only ideal for those who unable to attend classes BUT perfect for anyone who is restricted by work obligations.
With only 80 hours of learning required, you can easily study it from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace and fit it around your existing commitments. There are no deadlines, examinations or pressure involved.
Split into 6 concise units, each unit strives to expand your theoretical knowledge and understanding of Employment Law, as well as its applications within real working environments.
By broadening and expanding your skillset, you can use this course to boost your career opportunities and achieve a level of competency that will make it possible for you to take these skills to university level.
This course will:
- Provide you with a convenient, stress free way to study – with no classrooms, no deadlines and no pressure.
- Allow you to study on your own terms and at your own pace.
- Supply you with all of your course materials through the post or by email.
- Challenge your perceptions of employment law and test your ability to apply this knowledge to potential work scenarios.
- Raise your career opportunities.
Specification: Edexcel 4SC0
- Unit 1: Sources and Institutions of Employment Law
- Sources of UK Employment Law
- Relevant Law Statutes and Statutory Instruments
- The Common Law and Precedent
- The Law of Contract
- Statutory Interpretation
- European Union Law
- Courts of Law
- Employment Tribunals
- ACAS and Arbitration
- Resolutions of Employment Claims
- Unit 2: Collective Labour Law
- Collective Bargaining
- Gaining Trade Union Recognition
- Development of Trade Unions
- Current Law Relating to Industrial Action
- The Trade Union Rulebook
- Unit 3: Employment Status and the Contract of Employment
- Law or Fact
- Implied Contracts and Worker Status
- Consequences of Employment Status
- The Common Law and the Contract of Employment
- The Principal Statement
- Unit 4: Terminating the Contract
- Ending the Contract of Employment
- Breach of Contract
- Unfair Dismissal
- Constructive Dismissal
- Law, the Courts and Tribunals
- Unit 5: Discrimination in Employment
- Types of discrimination: direct and indirect
- Discrimination by association
- Vicarious Liability
- Protected Characteristics
- Race discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and Belief
- Burden of Proof
- Genuine Occupational Requirements (GOR)
- Unit 6: Redundancy and Transfer of Undertaking
- Courts, Tribunals and Redundancy
- Statutory Redundancy Pay
- Rights to Alternative Employment
- Selecting an employee for redundancy
- Collective redundancy
- Transfer of Undertaking
- Service Provision Change
- Relevant Transfer
- TUPE: when does it apply?
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials provided. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking (via mail or by email).
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it an ideal starting point for those interested in pursuing a career within law.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
From the moment you enrol, you will receive the continuous support and guidance of our personal tutors and student support team as they strive to equip you with the knowledge, the resources and the guidance to succeed on this course.
From assessing and supplying feedback on your written assignments, to ensuring that their answers are just one click away; they can help you to comprehend the information provided in your guides and course materials, and maximise your results.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.