About This Course
Our Employment Law Level 3 course is the perfect stepping stone for those interested in pursuing a career in law and human resources, or whom wish to learn more about their rights as an employer or employee.
In just one year of study, you can acquire the knowledge and insight to understand how employment law is informed and developed, as well as recognise the protocols for handling cases in courts and tribunals.
Similarly, this distance learning course can help to develop your knowledge across a wide range of areas, including law of contracts, discrimination and redundancy; so you can feel confident in your ability to advise and assist those dealing with issues in the workplace.
And the great news is – this incredible course can be studied from the comfort of your own home. Our Employment Law Level 3 course has been specially tailored for home study, making it not only ideal for those who unable to attend classes BUT perfect for anyone who is restricted by work obligations.
With only 80 hours of learning required, you can easily study it from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace and fit it around your existing commitments. There are no deadlines, examinations or pressure involved.
Split into 6 concise units, each unit strives to expand your theoretical knowledge and understanding of Employment Law, as well as its applications within real working environments.
By broadening and expanding your skillset, you can use this course to boost your career opportunities and achieve a level of competency that will make it possible for you to take these skills to university level.
This course will:
- Provide you with a convenient, stress free way to study – with no classrooms, no deadlines and no pressure.
- Allow you to study on your own terms and at your own pace.
- Supply you with all of your course materials through the post or by email.
- Challenge your perceptions of employment law and test your ability to apply this knowledge to potential work scenarios.
- Raise your career opportunities.
Unit 1: Employment and the UK Legal System
- Sources of UK Employment Law
- Types of Workers (United Kingdom)
- United Kingdom Employment Courts
Unit 2: Employment Contracts
- The Formation of a Contract
- Contractual Terms
Unit 3: Terminating Contracts and Redundancy
- Ending a Contract
- Terminating a Contract of Employment
Unit 4: Discrimination and Employment Law
- Discrimination Legislation
- Types of Discrimination
- Discrimination Law and Recruitment
- Other Types of Unfair Treatment
- When an Employer can be held Responsible for an Employee’s Actions
Unit 5: Employer Legal Duties
- Data Protection
Unit 6: Workplace Health and Safety
- Controlling Workplace Hazards and Risks
- Workplace Conditions
- Workplace Procedures
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course materials. These will need to be sent to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with helpful tips and feedback. No external examinations are required.
You will have the chance to re-submit your assignments as needed with no additional cost. Each assignment will be marked by your tutor, who will provide advice to improve upon the assignment if required.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course, making it an ideal starting point for those interested in pursuing a career within law.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the moment you enrol, you will receive the continuous support and guidance of our personal tutors and student support team as they strive to equip you with the knowledge, the resources and the guidance to succeed on this course.
From assessing and supplying feedback on your assignments, to ensuring that their answers are just one click away; they can help you to comprehend the information provided in your guides and course materials, and maximise your results.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).