About This Course
Working with children and witnessing the effect your teaching can have on their progression, can be an incredibly rewarding and motivating experience. By working in a childcare role, you can help to shape and influence the development of young minds, whilst bearing witness to their growth as they pace their way through the Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS).
Luckily, our Early Years Level 3 distance learning course can help you to take this passion for working with children, and help you make your mark in this fascinating career.
This course has been created in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework (which came into effect in September 2012). With an EYFS focus in mind, every element of this course aims to provide you with the tools, the knowledge and the resources to confidently provide high quality childcare to those in your charge, whilst ensuring that you keep in full accordance with the government’s regulations.
At the same time, you can acquire all of these new skills from the comfort of your own home. No classrooms. No exams. No pressure.
Our course takes approximately 100 hours of study to complete; however you can easily mould these hours to fit around your prior commitments and study at a pace that is right for you.
From gaining a deeper understanding of child development and the importance of health, safety and welfare, to learning how to maintain positive relationships and provide an enabling environment; by the end of this course you will be able to take
Split into 6 units, this fascinating course can help you to create a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge, information and skills that can easily be applied within a practical setting.
From understanding the latest regulations and legislations, to attaining a deeper comprehension of employer expectations and requirements; you can harness this course to jump-start your career and experience genuine success.
This course will:
- Supply you with course materials that can be delivered (and completed) by mail or by email.
- Enable you to study on your own terms – no deadlines, no pressures, and no classrooms.
- Help you to achieve an extensive knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Unit 1: A Unique Child
- A child’s development
- Factors affecting development
- Meeting the individual child’s needs
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Promoting children’s physical and emotional wellbeing
- The Children Act 1989
- Unit 2: Developing Positive Relationships
- Respectful relationships
- Communication needs
- Relationships within early year’s settings
- Children’s friendships
- The Key Worker
- Effective communication with children
- Partnerships with parents
- Effective communication with parents
- Multi-agency working
- Unit 3: Providing an Enabling Environment
- Organising the environment
- Laws and legislation
- Heating, Lighting and Ventilation
- Safety Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- The indoor environment
- The outdoor environment
- The wider environment
- The Common Assessment Framework
- Unit 4: Supporting Children’s Learning and Development
- Areas of development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- The prime areas of learning
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- The specific areas of learning
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- Planning to meet children’s development needs
- Unit 5: Effective Planning, Observation and Assessment
- Methods of observation
- Factors to consider when observing children
- Statutory assessment
- The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
- Long-term planning
- Medium-term planning
- Short-term planning
- Unit 6: Safeguarding the Welfare of the Child
- Child protection
- Spotting signs of abuse
- Responding to concerns
- RIDDOR 1995
- Providing a nutritionally balanced diet
- Food safety and hygiene
- Behaviour management
- The layout of the environment
This distance learning course is assessed using a series of short written assignments that will test your knowledge of the materials taught on this course. These will need to be submitted for marking by mail or by email to your personal tutor, who will supply you with valuable tips and feedback.
There are no external examinations.
No prior knowledge or experience is required in order to enrol onto this course. Similarly, you do not need to already be working within an early years or educational environment.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) in Early Years Level 3. This course is endorsed by TQUK, meaning they have undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and their courses – meet a high standard.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification; however you may use it as evidence of your knowledge and skills in future regulated qualifications.
In addition, you may use the unit summary as evidence of ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ should you choose to further progress your studies within this field.
We take great pride in supplying our students with the resources and the support to succeed on our distance learning courses. So whilst this course may have been designed for home study, you can trust that you’ll never be alone.
From our detailed course materials and comprehensive study guides, to our personal tutors and student support team; you can harness all of these as often as you need.
Our personal tutors are leading specialists in their field, meaning you can readily access their knowledge, guidance and instruction, and get the advice you need. The feedback and tips they will provide upon marking your assignments, can also prove beneficial as they can be used to boost future grades and marks.
Similarly, our student support team are only a click away, ensuring you are never waiting long for an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.