About Our Course
Are you a business owner looking to improve your management skills? Or is your business struggling to handle external changes? Our Business Management and Change Management Level 3 course bundle can provide you with the tools, the knowledge and the resources to effectively manage a team; positively engage with change, and recognise the different ways change can affect a person.
This fascinating homebased course covers all of the bases.
From showing you how to understand change and the best ways to help people with different personalities/characteristics (so they can contribute positivity to change), to learning how to plan, manage and change a project; by the end of this two year course, you will recognise the difference between change and transitions, and will be able to confidently introduce/lead your team through any significant changes that your business may face.
At the same time, you will:
- Be shown how to explore change within today’s organisations
- Be able to apply personality profiling to your staff, making it easier for you to identify different personality types, and tailor the way you implement change so everyone reacts positively
- Be able to explain why some people experience change differently to others
And you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home! No classes. No exams. No strict deadlines.
You can explore this homebased course on your own terms, and experience minimal impact to your work, family or social obligations. In fact, you can easily mould this flexible course to work around you, enabling you to study as fast or as slow as you want.
No matter your study preferences, YOU will be in control of how you learn – no one else.
With a whole two years available to complete this bundle; boosting your career opportunities has never been easier. Instead at a time, pace and location of your choosing you can take this theoretical knowledge, apply it to your business and ensure that you, your team and your organisation are fully prepared to handle change.
This course offers a healthy balance of knowledge and skills that will enable you to effectively manage a team; create plans, and deal with external changes.
At the same time, thanks to its written assignments, you will be able to take this newly acquired knowledge – on personality profiling, strategies and systems – and use them to demonstrate its effectiveness within hypothetical scenarios.
With this course you’ll:
- Achieve a better understanding of the best ways to manage a team, improve business performance and initiate/handle change
- Be able to learn at a time, pace and location of your choosing – we will send all of your course materials straight to your door or inbox
- Be able to achieve a healthy-work study balance with minimal impact to your work, family or social obligations
- Develop a higher level of comprehension and competency on the impact change can have on your business
- Be able to boost your career opportunities and climb the business ladder
- Have access to an instant support network – you can take advantage of our personal tutors and Student Support Team at a click of a button
Business Management Level 3:
Unit 1: You as a Manager
- Managers as people
- Average managers and great managers
- Developing your staff
Unit 2: Strategy, Structure and Systems
- Managing in context
- Financial Systems
- Performance and development review
Unit 3: Managing Teams
- Holding meetings
- Developing Effective Transactions
- Ineffective Transactions
- Stages of Team Development
Unit 4: Managing Performance
- Keeping Performance Records
Unit 5: Setting Goals
- SMART Goals
- Achieving Balance
- Considerations when goal-setting
- Learning from Experience
Unit 6: Leadership and Politics
- Leadership and Management
- Four Styles of Leadership
- Leadership and Politics
- Dealing with Conflict
- How to Make Collaboration Work
- Leadership Influences on Management
Change Management Level 3:
Unit 1: Change in today’s organisations
- External changes
- 75 model
- Planning organisational change
- 3 change management models
Unit 2: Change and transitions
- Change and transition
- Transition curve
- Real change experiences
Unit 3: Personality and change
- Personality profiling
- People and change
- Support strategies
- 4 stages of change
Unit 4: Leading through change
- Characters and personality
- Organisational politics
- Core values
- Leading change
Unit 5: Managing a change project
- Objectives and strategies
- 5 stage change
Unit 6: The role of training and development in successful change management
- Training and development
- Development programmes
- Gap analysis
- Learning diamond
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor, whereupon they will provide you with a mark and valuable tips on how to improve your work.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge, skills or experience in business management is needed in order to enrol onto this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of online and home based courses; at no point on your learning journey will you ever have to feel alone or isolated in your studies. Instead, from moment you enrol you can trust that you will be surrounded by a network of support that will go above and beyond to enhance your learning experience.
From our comprehensive course guides, course materials and resources, to our dedicated personal tutors; for the full duration of this two year course bundle you can benefit from the advice, guidance and expertise of individuals who are specialists in their field. Individuals who are readily available to lend you their industry knowledge, so you can achieve maximum results.
Our Student Support Team are similarly highly trained and – at a click of a button – will readily answer your questions; eliminate your concerns, and help you to decipher our course materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.